The Agency is interested in IT Modernization efforts and Re-skilling and Workforce Transformation. Re-skill and up-skill employees impacted by IT modernization efforts, evolve workforce to more 21st Century skill sets and work practices, and enable the workforce to drive successful IT Modernization efforts going forward utilizing in-house talent.
Candidates will leverage technical skills and knowledge including but not limited to: cloud providers like Amazon Web Services (AWS) for Government or Microsoft Azure GovCloud.
* Specializing in developing and implementing an organization's cloud services, including cost optimization and security policies.
* Primary focus is ensuring that content and application services in the cloud are always available and secure for users.
* Assists with tactical planning and engineering to implement application service in the cloud for successful mission operations.
* Support user training, as required.
* Contributes to or develops technical documentation.
* Contribute to technical presentations.
* Use applicable methodologies, modeling/estimating techniques, tools, applications, systems, software, or databases to perform assigned tasks.
* Must have strong interpersonal skills in order to collaborate with colleagues and assist customers.
* Effective project management skills in order to implement and monitor multiple cloud systems.
* Need strong analytical abilities to evaluate an organization's technical needs and select the right applications to meet them.
* Must possess variety of computing services, such as storage, servers, and software
Education and Experience:
* Bachelor's degree in a related field and ten (10) years of relevant experience, five (5) of which must be specialized. Advanced degree is preferred. Specialized experience includes: technical leadership of Systems Programmers/Analyst and the use of structure analysis, design, methodologies and/or design tools in the development and implementation of computer-based systems.
* AWS and/or Azure Architecture certificationExperience in modern data processing environments, including cloud computing (AWS, Azure), DevSecOps patterns and individuals must be capable of leading the technical strategy for agile development teams.
* Must have engineering skills, knowledge, and experience designing, developing, testing, operating, and sustaining secure computing architectures to include: cloud, data centers, and overall infrastructure optimization activities.
* Must be capable of collecting solution requirements, documenting requirements and performance objectives, detailing metrics and benchmarking measurements for evaluation in an independent fashion.
* AWS and/or Azure Architecture certification
* Must be able to obtain a Public Trust security clearance.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability