We are pioneers. We were the first to break the sound barrier and design the first functional jetpack. We were aboard NASA's first lunar mission and brought advanced tiltrotor systems to market. Today, we are defining the future of on-demand mobility. At Bell, we are proud to be an iconic company with superb talent, rapidly creating novel and coveted vertical lift experiences.
Bell has an opening for an experienced Cloud Solution Architect to join the Bell Innovation Team, located in Fort Worth, TX. This Architect will develop leading-edge software technology integral to the creation of turn-key vertical lift experiences. They will own the cloud infrastructure technical development for fleet management solutions and will provide subject matter expertise for architectural design and specific implementation.
The ideal candidate will be comfortable working in a blank canvas environment as part of a new dynamic team and will have experience leading deep technical architecture discussions to drive core infrastructure solutions.
Candidates should have system development experience and proficiency with system development methodologies.
Key responsibilities include:
* Understand overall infrastructure and success measures for designing and implementing architectures and solutions
* Understand and adhere to enterprise architecture principles and best practices
* Maintain and advance deep technical skills and knowledge, keeping up to date with market trends and competitive insights, and share within the technical community
* Developing web-based applications that interface with multiple SaaS components
* Integrating web-based applications and services into larger geospatial exploitation enterprise systems
* Writing backend end business logic and integrating front end client UI with backend API's
* Developing unit tests around endpoints and underlying business logic
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or similar
* At least 10 years of experience in IT in with large-scale infrastructure deployments in enterprise wide environments with at least 3 of those years in cloud technology architecture.
* Deep domain expertise of Microsoft Azure cloud platform
* Experience integrating cloud with edge and IoT solutions
* Experience dealing with enterprise issues (Security, Reliability, Scalability, Availability, etc.).
* Experience with development and collaboration tools (Team Foundation, Git, JIRA, Confluence, Visual Studio, etc.).
* Experience with containerization using Docker / Kubernetes
* Ability to communicate complex technical concepts to a diverse audience, including upper management and customers.
* Skilled in Technical Writing / Reports / Proposals
Desired/Preferred Knowledge and Skills:
* Familiarity with machine learning is a strong plus.
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and/or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR)., Non-U.S. persons selected must meet eligibility requirements for access to export-restricted information. The ITAR/EAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Don't miss the chance to join a diverse, inclusive environment where you feel a sense of belonging. As a member of our global workforce, you will collaborate with dedicated, enthusiastic teams where unique experiences, backgrounds and ideas combined with a strong passion for our products take us above and beyond flight.