Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. You will be responsible for defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Cloud Software Developer-4
Job code 10540.Software Developer 4.PRODEV.SWENG.IC4
YOU ARE READY TO MAKE AN IMPACT
As a member of Oracle's Financial Services Product Development organization, you'll work in a multidisciplinary team to develop and deliver leading edge SaaS solutions for the global marketplace. You'll be working on our next generation cloud-native platform currently under development.
Our Development approach is based on a DevOps-centric mindset, combining software development with operations expertise to shorten the development life cycle while delivering features, fixes, and updates frequently, in close alignment with business objectives.
We employ Agile methodologies, lean development practices, design thinking and we encourage and foster an open, collaborative workplace.
YOU ARE SETTING STANDARDS
As a Cloud Software Developer, you will design, develop, deliver, operate and support one or more functional or non-functional domains comprising our next generation cloud native Financial Services solution. In this capacity you exhibit the following qualities:
Self-Starter. You are motivated and ambitious and you pursue your work without the help or prompting of others.
Problem Solver. You focus on problem solving and your can-do attitude accelerates our work and brings our solutions alive.
Efficient. You perform your work in a well-organized and competent way with minimum wasted effort or expense.
Aligned. You are aligned to the goals and objectives of the organization, the organization's development agenda and the management team's priorities, doing your part in a flexible and proactive way to achieve the overall mission.
YOU ARE SKILLED
To land this job you will demonstrate expertise in the following areas:
* Software Coding using Java-based technologies
* Web Services and APIs using the latest technologies
* Continuous integration for real-time testing and diagnostics
* Responding to reported incidents and anomalies
YOU ARE OFFERED
Engagement. Access to a highly diverse, experienced team of leaders and peers with an international presence you will directly engage with.
Culture. We value trust, empowerment, and feedback for building a positive, inspiring workplace. We foster knowledge sharing and collaboration. We celebrate our successes and we learn from our failures in an effort to continuously improve and become better at what we do.
Development. We believe in a purpose-driven approach to motivating and developing people by incorporating training, goal setting, career development and feedback on a continuous basis.
* Extensive coding experience in Core Java, JSON, JAX-RS
* Hands-on experience with REST, HTTP, Microservices, Eventing frameworks
* An understanding of: OAuth2.0, JWT, JPA, ORM (Eclipse link)
* Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, Kafka
* Strong exposure to Cloud concepts (SaaS, PaaS, IaaS) with Oracle Cloud, AWS, or Azure, any certification(s) a plus
* Strong problem solving skills
* Proven design skills and expertise
* Fluent with IDE and Java build tools such as GIT, Eclipse, Netbeans, Maven, Jenkins and Modeling Tools of UML
* Experience in working with Oracle Database Tools and administration.
* Experience on JUnit, and JMockit tools
* Experience on REST testing tools like Postman, JMeter, Curl.
* Experience in the Financial Services Industry domain (Banking or Insurance)
* Excellent writing and oral communications skills (in English)
* Natural collaborator who enjoys working in cross organizational teams residing in multiple time zones.
a. Practiced Agile Development and knowledge of Tools such as Confluence/JIRA
b. Experience in using Redis, ELK and other open source Tools
c. Experience in tools such as RestAssured, Selenium
d. Financial services protocols such as IFX etc
e. Exposure to SonarQube, Fortify and WebInspect Tools
f. Experience in Web services
g. Good knowledge of current / emerging technologies and trends
h. Good team player willing and able to mentor juniors
Oracle is a company providing integrated cloud applications and platform services.