Serve as a technical expert supporting the design, implementation, and support of FedLine cloud-based information technology solutions within the FedLine team in the Customer Relations and Support Office. FedLine provides critical payment and informational services to thousands of financial institutions across the United States. FedLine solutions are designed to be secure and resilient to support approximately $4 trillion/ day in payments transactions. This role includes architecting, building and maintaining infrastructure, security services, and system components in commercial or government cloud service providers to deliver highly available and scalable services. The level of work required is considered advanced and staff must be able to work under minimal supervision. This job does not have direct reports.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
* Lead the technical design, implementation, and operation of FedLine cloud-based platforms (AWS, Azure, etc.)
* Provide guidance to technical teams on architectural, procedural, and security best practices for cloud-based solution.
* Support integration of legacy systems with cloud-based solutions using agile development practices
* Support implementation of infrastructure as code and automation frameworks
* Lead automation efforts to minimize manual work, ensure compliance goals, and support continuous delivery frameworks and tools
* Work with stakeholders to obtain and translate requirements into technical implementations
* Create and maintain technical documentation for designs
* Develop testing use cases and detailed testing plans that map to the documented business and technical requirements, complying with Federal Reserve security specifications and industry standard / generally accepted testing practices. Coordinate technical and end-user resources to execute detailed tests and analyze testing results.
* Document and communicate issues, solutions, and timelines to appropriate stakeholders
* Consults with internal (technical experts, information technology / security leadership, etc.) and external (departments, business units, etc.) stakeholders on changing business, policy, and technical plans to ensure that information security issues are addressed early in the project lifecycle.
* Assist with implementation of monitoring tools to support operational and security incident response processes
* Provide timely/responsive technical support both within and across departments and applications including rotational or on-call support
Education and Experience
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent background or experience
* 7 to 10 years of information security experience
* 5 years software engineering experience in a team-based environment
* 3 years working with cloud-based platforms (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, etc.) in an enterprise environment
* CISSP certification required
* Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP) and AWS Cloud certification preferred
Knowledge and Skills
* Advanced knowledge of cloud-based platforms AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, etc.
* Experience integrating legacy platforms and applications with cloud-based systems
* Experience with contemporary container platforms (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
* Experience with infrastructure as code tools (CloudFormation, Azure Resource Manager, Terraform, etc.)
* Experience with system configuration tools (Chef, Puppet, Ansible, etc.)
* Experience with implementing architectural frameworks (Service Oriented Architecture, Domain-Driven Design, etc.)
* Experience developing solutions in an iterative (Agile) approach
* Experience with source code management tools (Git, SVN, etc.)
* Experience with CI/build tools
* Experience with Web Services, API, REST, RPC
* Understanding of basic networking concepts
* Experience with deploying, managing, operating and monitoring of applications in scalable, highly available and fault tolerant data centers (both on premise and hosted)
* Experience learning, sharing, and implementing best practices with the ability to define operational processes, implement DevOps, deployment checklists, etc.
* Advanced ability to solve problems by considering available information, prioritizing and making timely decisions; correlate data using standard business and technology tools and approaches, spot trends and apply sound security and risk management principles
Other Requirements and Physical Requirements
This document indicates the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this position. It is not a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. An employee's responsibilities, tasks, and duties might differ from those outlined in the job description, and other duties, as assigned, are a part of the job. The Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago reserves the right to modify the elements of this job description, as business needs require.