What you'll be doing...
Verizon Cloud Services Platform and Engineering team is looking for an experienced, high performing, hands-on engineer to drive the Enterprise IT transformation goals. Migration to containers is one of the top objectives for Verizon in 2019 and beyond.
* Being an integral part of a team of highly motivated and skilled platform engineers to successful implementation of the next-gen container platform for Verizon
* Implementing the best architectures for the container solutions for both, on-prem as well as cloud environments
* Running deployments of large projects to support mission critical applications in the Cloud PaaS solution
* Evaluating, POC-ing and selecting the best products that fit the needs of the platform
* Implementing and maintaining automation platforms deployments and management
* Integrating and automating platform support and maintenance activities utilizing the CICD (Jenkins, Ansible, CFT, etc.)
* Proactively monitoring via automation to detect and resolve any anomalies to the platforms
* Working closely with the customer - application teams internal to Verizon, to drive adoption of the container solution and to assist the teams in coming up with the best approach for their migrations, including architecture evaluation, setting up orchestration for application deployments. Guiding development teams on best practices to containerize applications
* Designing and building the K8S environments based on the application systems requirements
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience
* Four or more years of relevant work experience
Even better if you have:
* Bachelor's degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Software Engineering, Technology or other related discipline.
* Experience in cloud technologies such as architecting, developing or maintaining cloud solutions in public or private cloud environments (AWS).
* Experience implementing/supporting PaaS platforms like Cloud Foundry, OpenShift, Apprenda
* Knowledge of containers and container management technologies like Docker, Kubernetes, Rancher, Heptio
* Experience in EKS and HKS
* Ability to work across the organization as necessary.
* Knowledge of Public Cloud architectures, configurations, services, and solutions (Amazon Web Services Cloud Formation, EC2, ELB, S3, EMR, Autoscale, Cloudwatch; or equivalent from other providers).
* Knowledge of Application Architectures, microservices design, 12 factor applications
* Knowledge of scripting and automation programming -- languages like Python, Ruby, Perl, BASH
* Knowledge of Configuration management tools like Ansible, Chef, Puppet
* Experience leveraging and managing CI/CD toolchain products like Jira, STASH, Git, and Jenkins
* Knowledge of information systems concepts, system administration and cloud and platforms.
* Experience leading teams and projects from a technical and project management perspective
* Knowledge of system design, networking and hardware at an enterprise level
* Technical/analytical skills. Interpersonal skills.
* Decision-making and leadership abilities. Organizational and problem solving abilities.
* Ability to work under pressure and deliver sound results.
* Experience working in a fast-paced environment supporting multiple products across the organization.
* Experience multi-tasking multiple high priority objectives.
* Experience in agile teams leveraging Scrum, Kanban, or other agile methodologies.
* Experience in dealing with all the layers of a technical solution.
* Leadership-facing experience with the ability to translate between internal operations, technology, and client business needs.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.