Job ID R1907762-1 Date posted Jun. 20, 2019
Partner Solution Architect (VMware Cloud on AWS)
The Partner Solutions Architect (PSA) will scale customer success with partners to strategically engage with a named list of VMware Solution Providers to help them build and sustain capable VMware practices focused on VMware Cloud on AWS. This person should understand Cloud Native Applications in particular AWS and have competencies as such. In this role, you have the ability to build actionable relationships with the partner's technical leaders. PSAs will engage with the partner and will be responsible for building and executing a practice development plan, accelerating accreditations & certifications, and tracking deployments and consumptions.
The PSA will be instrumental in a partner's successful services development and execution with their customers and will maintain a cadence for communication on the progress, execution and escalation of any issues to management and relevant partners. You will be a key resource in the Partner Engagement POD with the Partner Development Specialist, Partner Business Manager and Partner Marketing Manager.
In addition, you will assist their partners with building their own portfolio of services offerings or solutions based on VMware Cloud for AWS and by using existing VMware PSO and its underlying Intellectual property, such as services kits. In support of leveraging PSO credits with partners, the PSA can track and monitor customer deployments on VMware solutions.
* Engage with the partner to build and execute a practice activation plan, accelerate accreditations and certifications and track deployments.
* Assist partners with building their own portfolio of services offerings
* Work closely with technical teams and regional sales leaders to execute technical enablement plans.
* Communicate value proposition in terms of partners' and customers' business needs.
* Leverage strong knowledge of designing end-to-end solutions approaches encompassing products, services, processes, etc. based on customers' requirements.
Desired Skills and Experience:
* 7+ years of infrastructure architecture experience with significant depth around crafting, implementing, and leading critical multi-functional integration projects
* Extensive architectural skills dealing with infrastructure solutions such as systems management, business continuity, advanced networking, storage architectures, cloud solutions, and programming experience
* Recent experience with design, implementation & support of IaaS, PaaS and/or SaaS, Native Cloud Architectures.
* Experienced and credible C-suite advisor with strong customer/partner relationship-building skills
* Demonstrated experience in evangelizing new product and solution technologies at or before market introduction
* Ability to guide customers/partners on solution competencies and organizational requirements to develop a datacenter or cloud practice to deliver professional services solutions
* Demonstrated ability to provide impactful knowledge exchange through mentoring, workshops, partner engagements and official training forums
* Possess technical community leadership in capturing, developing, and sharing IP with the community at large as well as specific individuals to raise competencies
* Demonstrated critical thinking and advanced analytical skills and qualities
* Experience and deep understanding of industry capabilities and trends within area of focus
* Consistent track record of selling solutions including consulting services
* Ability to see & present "the big picture" through strong listening & question-based selling skills
* Effective in working both independently and in a team setting
* Can you uncover business challenges & recommend solutions to solve those challenges? We need you to help drive the business forward.
* Experience leading a multi-discipline team project
* Excellent communication skills both written and oral, are required
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, related field or equivalent experience
* VMware Certification in Network Virtualization and AWS Certification a plus
Apply now Apply now