Shutterstock is looking for a talented and motivated Principal Cloud DevOps Engineer to join our Infrastructure Team. This role will serve as a subject matter expert in providing support to Shutterstock's AWS infrastructure, Kubernetes platform, and CI/CD pipeline leveraged by multiple application development teams across the company. With strong technical skills and experience, this role will be responsible for driving effective operational support of revenue generating systems across the company. The role will work closely with various groups within infrastructure and application engineering teams to establish operational best practices and continuous improvement process to enhance availability, performance and security of the environment.
This is a senior level technical leadership role critical to the success of Shutterstock and requires both depth and breadth in many cutting edge tools and technologies as well as well proven technical leadership abilities. This is a great career opportunity for a highly motivated individual who wants to extend and utilize his or her skills within a world class technology company.
* Provide technical leadership in effectively managing AWS environment, Kubernetes cluster and DevOps toolchain by following best-practices through implementation of monitoring, maintenance, and administration
* Provide guidance to the team in solving complex issues related to application and cloud infrastructure.
* Work collaboratively with application teams by providing technical guidance and consultation to satisfy infrastructure requirements, assist with CI/CD release process, and troubleshoot code and deployment issues
* Key contributor in requirement analysis and evaluation of new technologies to support changing business needs.
* Creating, maintaining, and improving procedures and runbooks through cross team collaboration
* Lead the adoption and administration of distributed systems through the principles of Infrastructure as Code using configuration management tools such as Terraform, Ansible, Puppet, and Helm
* Develop and support DevOps tools through automation using modern scripting languages such as Python
* Collaborate with Infrastructure Architects, Project Managers, and Software Engineering teams to deliver holistic solutions for application deployment and platform adoption
* Incident response, via participation in a 24x7 team on-call rotation
* 10+ years of experience in Linux system engineering or operations
* 4+ years experience in supporting a 24×7 high-availability AWS production environment and AWS professional certification (Architect / Administrator / DevOps).
* 2+ years experience with containers, container orchestration, and deployment tools, such as Kubernetes and Docker. CKA certification highly desirable.
* 2+ years experience with continuous integration and deployment tools, such as Jenkins
* Proven experience with troubleshooting in a highly available production environment
* Experience in full-stack monitoring, metrics collection, and reporting using tools such as New Relic, SumoLogic, and Prometheus
* Expertise in " Infrastructure as code " philosophy, using tools such as Terraform or CloudFormation
* Familiar with source control management tools such as Github
* Experience with configuration management tools such as Puppet and Ansible
* Good knowledge of scripting languages such as Bash, Python, and Groovy
* Excellent organizational skills, oral and written communication skills
* Experience with agile methodologies, and ITIL change management processes
* Ability to work with minimal supervision, making decisions based upon priorities, schedules and an understanding of business initiatives
* Providing rotational on-call support
* Good understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle
* Compliance experience such as SOX, SOCII, or PCI
* Experience with other cloud providers such as Google or Azure
* Experience with tooling such as Helm or Packer
* Experience with CDN such as Akamai
* Knowledge and experience with object oriented programming
About Shutterstock, Inc.
Shutterstock, Inc. (NYSE: SSTK), directly and through its group subsidiaries, is a leading global provider of high-quality licensed photographs, vectors, illustrations, videos and music to businesses, marketing agencies and media organizations around the world. Working with its growing community of over 750,000 contributors, Shutterstock adds hundreds of thousands of images each week, and currently has more than 260 million images and more than 14 million video clips available.
Headquartered in New York City, Shutterstock has offices around the world and customers in more than 150 countries. The company also owns Bigstock, a value-oriented stock media offering; Shutterstock Custom, a custom content creation platform, Offset, a high-end image collection; PremiumBeat a curated royalty-free music library; and Shutterstock Editorial, a premier source of editorial images for the world's media.
For more information, please visit www.shutterstock.com and follow Shutterstock on Twitter and on Facebook.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
Shutterstock is a stock photography agency providing photographs, illustrations, vectors, videos and music to businesses and individuals.