Digital technology has forever changed business. Now, it's transforming tax. Soon, tax enforcement will be part of every business process - and every transaction. As governments go digital, financial systems and traditional tax software can't keep up. And, businesses now face escalating risk and mounting compliance costs. Sovos was built for the digital future of tax. The Sovos Intelligent Compliance Cloud Is the first complete solution for modern tax, combining tax determination, e-Invoicing compliance and tax reporting on Sovos' reliable, scalable and secure S1 Platform.
We are building the future of Global Compliance Software. We want you to build your future with us.
The Work You'll Do
Our Cloud Operations team apply a systematic approach to the maintenance and operation of our internal systems, applications and services as well as our external offerings. They work with others across the business to understand customer and internal needs and develop solutions in the areas of system administration. You will become a subject matter expert in multiple technologies including Linux, Windows, AWS and more!
More specifically, you will:
* Enhancing our usage and support in Cloud environments and infrastructure
* Work on critical production level VMware systems - utilizing Linux (CentOS, RedHat) and Windows Server
* Follow defined processes for workflow, incident and change management
* Ensure Operational Service Levels are met against documented SOPs
* Follow and update documentation of configurations, maintenance plans and project updates
* Collaborate with Product Managers, Architects, Software Engineers, QA, and other technical staff to ensure our internal and external systems are operating properly
* Support our SaaS environment by diagnosing and resolving issues and also participate in initiatives to improve processes, standards and practices
What We Need From You
* BA/BS in Computer Science or related field preferred
* 5 years related experience in Cloud or Data Center operations with customer facing systems
* Expertise in managing VMware
* Strong understanding of enterprise backup/recovery, enterprise storage, and enterprise server solutions
* Familiarity with configuration management tools such as Ansible, Puppet, and Chef
* In depth knowledge of AWS Cloud platform
* System and application monitoring, such as Solorwinds, Splunk, and Nagios and CloudWatch
* Windows Server and Linux operating systems, including automation, provisioning, security, and general administration
* Active Directory and Group Policy Management
* Demonstrated experience with a scripting language such as PowerShell or Python
* Deep understanding of best practices and hosted operations in zero downtime environment
Knowledge of the following technologies is critical:
* Microsoft Windows Server - 2008-2016
* Linux - CentOS and RedHat
* VMware - Vcenter, ESX and NSX
* AWS - EC2, S3, IAM, Directory Service, RDS
* SAN Administration (EMC/HP/NetApp/Cisco)
* Netbackup or other enterprise Backup software
Knowledge of the following technologies is a plus:
* Switching, Routing, Firewalls, and SDN in a production environment
* Cloud platforms Azure or GCP
What Does Sovos Offer You?
The tools to grow your career both personally and professionally:
Did you know that almost 30% of our employees experienced a promotion or job change In FY2018? That can happen because growth Is serious business here at Sovos, and we have the programs In place to make sure of it, including:
* Mentoring Programs
* Management Bootcamps and Development Trainings
* Yearly performance reviews where compensation and performance are assessed and rewarded generously
* Clear paths for growth within our roles (but we know that career development can be like a spider web, not a ladder - we give you the tools to move outside of your career as well!)
The tools to enhance your life - because we want you to enjoy your life outside of work
* MyTime flexible time off (no worrying about accruing time or running out of sick days - If you need time off, take It!)
* Paid family leave
* Tuition reimbursement
* Generous 401k match
* Progressive Wellness Program
* Company seeded and matched Health Savings Account (HSA)
The challenge of working in an emerging market and solving complex problems for our clients is a large one. Businesses are struggling to keep up with the pace, volume, and complexity of regulatory requirements. In fact, 45% of CFOs say compliance is their "biggest growth challenge." That is why over half of the Fortune 500 counts on Sovos to solve their complex business-to-government compliance challenges. Our employees work on meaningful and engaging projects that make a tangible impact on our clients' success.
Does this sound like a fit? Apply now!
Sovos enables businesses to rapidly respond to increasingly complex tax and reporting requirements across the globe – eliminating their number one barrier to growth.