Cloud Native Engineer
Do you want to be at the forefront of Deloitte's emerging cloud practice? We're looking for exceptional problem-solvers to help address our clients' most compelling Cloud needs. You will work along-side top engineers and technical thought leaders building Cloud solutions helping shape the future of global enterprises. You will be at the heart of the technical solutioning and leading-edge product development.
Work you'll do
Lead/support implementation of cloud-native platforms and Agile application development technologies in areas of software development, integration and test of software applications and infrastructure. The Cloud Native Engineer will be primarily responsible for utilizing technical skills to coordinate enhancements and deployment efforts and to provide insight and recommendations for implementing client solutions. Engineers will work closely with other cloud teams, project managers, engineers and other functions.
* Working closely with developer teams to create an automated CI/CD pipeline
* Implementing build, deployment and monitoring standards for the client
* Delivering end-to-end automation of deployment, monitoring and infrastructure management in a cloud environment
* Creating scripts and/or templates to automate and/or bootstrap infrastructure provisioning and management tasks
* Building and configuring delivery environments supporting CI/CD tools using an Agile delivery methodology
* Providing knowledge of container management tools (e.g. Docker, OpenShift), container orchestration (e.g. Kubernetes), infrastructure-as-code (e.g. Ansible, CloudFormation), and have familiarity with modern build experience tools (e.g. Maven) and cloud integration systems (e.g. Jenkins)
* Understand static code analysis, unit testing and test-driven development, security testing and automated test frameworks
* Understand object-oriented programming (i.e. emphasis in Java) and have familiarity with source control systems (emphasis on Git)
Our Cloud Engineering team focuses on enabling our client's end-to-end journey from On-Premise to Cloud, with opportunities in the areas of: Cloud Strategy, Op Model Transformation, Cloud Development, Cloud Integration & APIs, Cloud Migration, Cloud Infrastructure & Engineering, and Cloud Managed Services. We help our clients see the transformational capabilities of Cloud as an opportunity for business enablement and competitive advantage.
Cloud Engineering supports our clients as they improve agility and resilience, and identifies opportunities to reduce IT operations spend through automation by enabling Cloud. We accelerate our clients towards a technology-driven future, leveraging vendor solutions and Deloitte-developed software products, tools, and accelerators.
* Bachelor's degree
* Must be able to obtain and maintain required clearance for this role
* 2+ years of experience using CI/CD tools for automation
* 2+ years of software development or testing experience within an Agile environment
* 2+ years of knowledge and experience with container management tools (Docker, Openshift), Container orchestration (Kubernetes), Infrastructure-as-code IaaS (Ansible, CloudFormation).
* 2+ years with modern build experience tools (Maven) and cloud integration systems (Jenkins)
* 3+ years of experience with object-oriented programming (Java) and familiarity with source control system (Git)
* 2+ years of experience with static code analysis, unit testing and test-driven development, security testing and automated test frameworks.
* Certifications one or more: Google - Professional Data Engineer; AWS - Developer - Associate; Azure - MCSA: Cloud Platform (Development Focus)
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte" means Deloitte Consulting LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Requisition code: E20ROSCCONBE007-CBO