Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. You will be responsible for defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Oracle Cloud Infrastructure -Data Science Team
Principal Software Engineer
Redwood City, CA or Culver City, CA
The Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) team can provide you the opportunity to build and operate a suite of massive scale, integrated cloud services in a broadly distributed, multi-tenant cloud environment. OCI is committed to providing the best in cloud products that meet the needs of our customers who are tackling some of the world's biggest challenges.
We offer unique opportunities for smart, hands-on engineers with the expertise and passion to solve difficult problems in distributed highly available services and virtualized infrastructure. At every level, our engineers have a significant technical and business impact designing and building innovative new systems to power our customer's business critical applications.
As an Infrastructure Engineer on the OCI Data Science team, you will work on all facets of our service's cloud footprint. The Infrastructure team owns networking, security policy, compute, storage, configuration management, database provisioning - deep integrations with Oracle Cloud Infrastructure. Our team is a key contributor to product architecture, operational excellence, and change management.
What You'll Do
Design and automate the lifecycle of resources in Oracle Cloud Infrastructure: compute, network, storage, load balancing, etc.
Build and maintain our automated service provisioning features.
Build and maintain mission critical Infrastructure as Code workflows.
Manage our cloud-scale service in production. Develop dashboards, alerts, runbooks, automation.
Contribute to service authentication, authorization, and other security features.
Work closely with other engineers across the Engineering team to deliver a state-of-the-art product
* Experience building high-performance, resilient, scalable, and well-engineered systems
* Working knowledge of one or more linux distributions; posix tools, linux fundamentals
* Experience building systems using Infrastructure as Code with at least one public cloud provider
* Working knowledge of at least one public cloud networking/security api (ex: AWS VPC, security groups).
* Past participation in an on-call rotation, experience improving on-call documentation and tools.
* Experience with agile software development.
* Good communication skills, with ability to clearly articulate engineering designs verbally and in writing.
* Solid grasp of everyday git commands and workflows.
* Experience with at least one family of monitoring/logging/observability tools (ex: elasticsearch, prometheus, fluentd)
* Disaster recovery, redundancy, and operational uptime planning experience
* Resourcefulness in the face of unique constraints.
* Always iterating on ways to be more productive and effective.
* You capture and prioritize automation of toil tasks.
* Willingness to bear your share of a rotating on-call schedule.
* General problem solving skills, critical thinking, and attention to detail.
* You favor pragmatism over dogmatism.
* Eagerness to learn and to teach.
Oracle is a company providing integrated cloud applications and platform services.