Auto req ID: 177294BR
Come help us lead the digital transformation here at PepsiCo: a dynamic environment with cutting edge technologies. Where winning with purpose matched with a passion for creating products and programs of lasting value are expected and rewarded.
PepsiCo has an aggressive goal to increase share of product sales and revenue via B2B and B2C eCommerce channels. In support of this goal PepsiCo IT has embarked on a modernization journey by building multiple frontend and backend platforms based on new cloud technologies. This role will provide technical leadership and architect the next generation cloud infrastructure for developing and delivering these new initiatives.
The Cloud Infrastructure Architect will be responsible for introducing new emerging technologies in the public cloud, driving our cloud computing strategy, developing cloud adoption plans, preparing cloud application design, and cloud management/monitoring strategies. In addition, this Architect will work with the development teams and other stakeholders to refactor and migrate on-premise applications to cloud native design and deployment methodologies.
In this role, you will also act as the subject matter expert and work with the other functional/enterprise architects in the company to develop next-generation enterprise cloud platforms, foundational cloud services, and DevOps/DevSecOps practices within a hybrid cloud ecosystem. This position will work with key stakeholders to understand and manage expectations, provide technical consultation, as well as negotiate with and manage third party technology partners.
If you like working in an entrepreneurial environment while at the same time having the backing and resources of a large fortune 50 company, then this could be the ideal opportunity for you. You will be rewarded with an explosive growth opportunity as we forge the platform to power PepsiCo's digital transformation.
* Collaborate with cross functional teams to identify, compile and analyze data for workload optimization, cloud infrastructure migration planning
* Provide solution engineering expertise to refactor, redesign applications to cloud native architectures and solution patterns
* Provide technical leadership and helping existing employees modernize their skills: particularly in container technologies, cloud hosting and devSecOps
* Design and develop automation to support CI/CD processes, automated environment builds, client workflow analysis and adopt IaaS, PaaS and SaaS offerings to optimize client implementations
* Optimize application performance and scalability
* Assist Project Leadership to conduct project risk identification and mitigation planning
* 10+ years of experience managing and maintaining hardware/cloud infrastructure in a systems administrator capacity
* Deep understanding of at least two cloud providers among AWS, Azure, GCP and IBM Cloud with a minimum of 3+ years of demonstrable applied experience
* 3+ years of experience with implementing, migrating, managing, and operating systems/applications in a third-party cloud computing environment such as Azure, AWS, GCP or related cloud technology
* 2+ years of design experience with Cloud (IaaS, PaaS) Storage options and trade-offs including Amazon S3, EBS, EFS, VM local, Glacier, etc. and Azure ADLS file, table and blob store as well as VM local and block storage options
* Excellent working knowledge of virtualization technologies and concepts
* Must understand the OSI 7-layer networking model and how that applies to real world problems associated with basic connectivity, IP addressing, routing, BGP, load balancing, TLS, Certificates, DNS and other complex networking topics
* Private network connectivity implementation experience including Azure Express Route and AWS Direct Connect
* Expertise and proficiency in security implementation best practices using cloud native offerings to include Azure Application (ASGs) and Network Security Groups (NSGs), Managed Azure Security, Azure Key Vault, Amazon EC2 Security Groups, AWS Shield, AWS IAM, AWS Key Management Service
* Applied cloud load balancing design using NGINX, HAProxy, Squid Proxy and AWS Load Balancing or Azure Load Balancer
* Hands on experience with networking (i.e. VPC, DX, Private Link, Peering, etc.), IAM, IaaS, PaaS, Storage, Container technology, etc
* Experience with Microservices, container-based platforms and related deployment technologies to include Kubernetes, Docker and Serverless Functions
* Implementation with Cloud monitoring and logging to include Prometheus, ELK, Logstash well as native cloud functionality including Amazon CloudTrail and Cloud Watch and/or Azure Log Analytics
* Experience integrating automated testing, CI/CD and Infrastructure as Codes
* Azure/AWS certifications a big plus
Relocation Eligible: Not Eligible for Relocation
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
For San Francisco Bay Area: Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement
PepsiCo operates as a food and beverage company worldwide.