Known for its scientific and operational excellence, Regeneron is a leading science-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, invents, develops, manufactures, and commercializes medicines for the treatment of serious medical conditions. Regeneron commercializes medicines for eye diseases, high LDL-cholesterol, atopic dermatitis and a rare inflammatory condition and has product candidates in development in other areas of high unmet medical need, including rheumatoid arthritis, asthma, pain, cancer and infectious diseases.
The Cloud HPC Engineer will help build and maintain cloud and locally distributed processing environments for our Researchers and Business. You will \"go deep\" in our Research Computational platform services (HPC, Distributed Computational platform, Supercomputers), but be able to pitch in on the entire spectrum, and will also work with an application engineering team to ensure that that team is successful.
As an engineer, you will report directly to the Director of Data Platform Services. You will develop and deliver configuration and deployment automation required for improving the functionality, availability, and manageability of our Research Computational Platform using AWS Cloud, Linux, Python or Ruby and configuration automation tools such as Ansible and Infrastructure Automation tools like Cloud Formation Scripts
* Develop and deliver configuration and deployment automation required for improving the functionality, availability, and manageability of our enterprise Research Computational Platform using Python or Ruby and configuration automation tools such as Puppet, Chef, or Ansible
* Running and maintaining automated production infrastructure in AWS or other cloud provider
* Migrating of HPC systems from data centers to cloud
* Running container management systems (k8s, Mesosphere, ECS) in production
* clear understanding of information security concepts and best practices
* working knowledge and being able to troubleshoot networks: routing, subnets, ACLs, site-to-site tunnels
* knowledge of agile/scrum processes
* Good working knowledge managing Linux based Distributed systems
* Good working knowledge in using HPC Schedulers like SGE, Slurm or Torque
* 2+ years IT experience in large, enterprise, multi-location data centers.
* 2+ Year Solid AWS & DevOps Experience ( Must have )
* 1+ years' experience of HPC, Distributed Computational system build and support.
* A Solid understanding of code and script (PHP, Python, Perl and/or Ruby)
* Prior experience working in/ supporting product development or similar experience
* Knowledge of distributed computing is a must have
* Strong experience in Cloud automation Tool sets.
* Deep experience with provisioning on the AWS cloud platform including EC2, S3, Auto scale, Security Groups and other related technologies
* Expertise in continuous integration and continuous delivery concepts and practices
* Able to write code in Python, JSON, YAML, or similar language as an application developer
* Knowledge of best practices and experience with configuration management (puppet, salt, chef, Ansible, etc.)
* Experience of running and maintaining automated CI/CD pipeline
* Experience with dependency management and project configuration (maven, ant, composer, etc.)Knowledge of Cloud computing ( AWS preferred )
* Experience monitoring and designing solutions for the cloud
* Experience with repository tools like Artifactory and Nexus
* Experience using RESTful and web API services
* Nice To Have:
o knowledge of Continues Development & Automation (Dockers or Kubernetes, Prometheus, Open Tracing, Fluentd )
o Knowledge in AWS Parallel Cluster
This is an opportunity to join our select team that is already leading the way in the Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry. Apply today and learn more about Regeneron's unwavering commitment to combining good science & good business.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Regeneron about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Regeneron via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of Regeneron, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by Regeneron for this position and a valid agreement with Regeneron is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the Regeneron agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
About Regeneron Pharmaceuticals
Regeneron Pharmaceuticals is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, invents, develops, manufactures, and commercializes medicines for the treatment of serious medical conditions.