Cloud Foundry Software Engineer (Up to 25% Profit Sharing Benefit!)
Req #: 221927
Location: Washington, DC US
Job Category: Engineering
Minimum Security Clearance: None
BITS, a CACI Company, offers very rewarding and unique benefits, which equates to 50% of compensation on TOP of your base salary! The first part is a tax-qualified profit-sharing retirement plan, to which BITS annually contributes up to 25% of your base salary (not in excess of applicable IRS limits) to your retirement account. The second component consists of BITS' Individual Benefit Account (IBA), which is used for premiums, medical reimbursements, dependent care, education and Paid Time Off (PTO) policy. Both components of the BITS benefit package are paid for by BITS, in addition to your base salary and potential performance bonuses. We believe in a healthy home/work balance and both of our locations offer a wide variety of activities to balance with your work life. Learn more at http://www.caci.com/bit-systems/
What You'll Get to Do:
Opportunity to participate on an innovative DevOps program developing modern front-end displays using Pivotal Cloud Foundry technologies and Pivotal Labs practices. This includes test-driven development, pair programming, short development cycles and continuous verification and integration of code. The displays developed through this program will ultimately be delivered in support of key operational systems for our customer.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Design, develop and deploy apps with a focus on high availability, low latency and scalability
* Build and operate deployment pipelines
* Collaborate closely with other engineers and become a valued member of an autonomous, cross-functional team that operates using a paired programming methodology
* Take operational responsibility for the services that are owned by your team
* Work in an environment that supports your individual growth
* Continuously improve your product and give users software they love to use
Who You Are:
* You enjoy paired programming and working on a balanced team
* You are interested in keeping up with current best practices in your areas of expertise
* You are experienced working with modern infrastructure and tools
* You are comfortable running your software in Linux environments
* You know and care about TDD, continuous delivery, and automated testing
* You have a good understanding of algorithms, databases, design patterns, and understand how to apply them
* You can develop empathy with your users
* You are comfortable pairing and collaborating with other engineers
* You are proficient in Test Driven Development (TDD)
* You have experience on both the frontend and the backend
* You have experience with API Development
* You have strong facilitation skills
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
Typically requires bachelor's degree or equivalent and 5 to 12 years of related software development experience.
* Experience with both Object Oriented and Function Programming approaches
* Experience working with users on business needs
* Experience with Web services
* Experience in service-based development
* Experience with Linux operating systems
* There is no clearance requirement to begin employment. As a requirement of continued employment you will be required to obtain a TS/SCI CI poly clearance.
* Must be a U.S. Citizen to be eligible for a TS/SCI CI poly clearance.
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
* Expertise interfacing with relational, noSQL, and file based storage products
* Expertise in Pivotal Cloud Foundry
* Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
* Experience designing interfaces
* Security+ or CISSP certified
What We can Offer You:
* We've been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
* Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
* We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
* We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation's highest priorities.
* For over 55 years, the principles of CACI's unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
CACI International is a provider of information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for intelligence, defense, and federal civilian customers.