The Cloud Engineer, Senior is a hands-on engineering and implementation role leveraging AWS and other cloud technologies across the client program. The Cloud Engineer, Senior works within a Hybrid Cloud to effectively harness the power and versatility of Cloud technologies to achieve operational efficiencies and cost savings. The Cloud Engineer, Senior provides cloud solutions support, solution design, and implementation with an emphasis on leveraging AWS services and best practices. The Cloud Engineer, Senior conducts peer reviews, evaluates implementations and provides feedback for continuous process improvements. The Cloud Engineer, Senior mentors peers.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
1. 40%: Design and implement AWS cloud solutions with emphasis on adapting AWS services to our customers' needs.
2. 40%: Troubleshoot and resolve issues with Cloud and Red Hat OS related trouble tickets.
3. 10%: Gather technical requirements, assess client capabilities and analyze findings to provide appropriate Cloud solution recommendations and adoption strategy.
4. 10%: Provides mentoring to aide in the development and growth of team members.
Type of Credentials/Licenses: AWS Industry Certifications
Related Work Experience: 6-8 years
* Extensive hands-on AWS infrastructure experience * Strong abilities with designing and implementing IAM policies * Thorough understanding of AWS infrastructure and services including but not limited to EC2, EBS, S3, CloudWatch, Cloud Trail, IAM, etc. * Strong understanding of Linux system administration and network administration concepts. * Automation experience with Ansible and AWS automation services. * Experience with cloud-based development and deployment. * Experience configuring and tuning virtual private Clouds. * Experience with Active Directory, Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS), SAML, web Single Sign-on (SSO), OAuth and related authentication technologies. * Transport Layer Security / SSL principles and management * Experience with networking principles and technologies (DNS, Load Balancers, Reverse Proxies) * Practical experience sizing hardware and storage needs * Experience with DevOps concepts and methodologies. * Strong analytical problem-solving ability * Strong written and verbal communication skills * Self-starter with the ability to work independently or as part of a project team * High availability and Disaster Recovery principles, patterns and usage * Understanding of Cloud ecosystem and leading-edge Cloud emerging technologies
SCOPE of POSITION:
This position is an individual contributor and has no supervisory responsibilities. Provides functional expertise through day-to-day work tasks. Works under the supervision of management.
Let your dream job find you.
Sign up to start matching with top companies. It’s fast and free.