You live to break down and solve complex problems by creating practical, maintainable, and scalable solutions. You're a great person that willingly collaborates, listens and cares about your peers. Then you have the best premises to join our team.
Our department is mainly responsible for the transition and scaling of the prototypes, generated by the innovation department, towards a fully integrated solution which our customers can rely on. Besides that we are also responsible for the enhancements & maintenance of existing products.
Your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
* Participate in various BI, Big Data and Real-time analytics initiatives from a technology perspective.
* Scale and hardening of components and services created by the innovation group and ensure it meets the levels of reliability, scalability and performance SLAs defined.
* Develop/Improve observability components (logging, alerting, monitoring) for the production implementation of the innovation solutions.
* Work with Cloud infrastructure to ensure security, multi-tenancy and access controls methods are in place to ensure proper access to information in the Data Lake.
* Work with DevOps team in implementing/refining the CI/CD Pipelines for the different cloud components that comprise the innovation solution.
* Keep Group Dev. Lead and (Big) Data Architect informed on backlog and development priorities. Collaborate closely with these roles to drive initiatives efficiently forward focusing on client & market needs.
* Work with and drive the integration of best-in-class technologies in BI, Big Data & Cloud
* Address bottlenecks, provide escalation to management, anticipate and make tradeoffs in addition to balancing the business needs versus technical constraints
* Proven technical experience in development, testing and implementation of large scale, complex technology projects.
You have the possibility to shape one of the oldest existing industries in one of the largest enterprises in the market. Through active participation in shaping and improving our ways to achieve technical excellence you will drive and improve our business.
The Career Opportunity:
You will be working within flat hierarchies in a young and dynamic team with flexible working hours. You will benefit from a bandwidth of career enhancing opportunities. You have very good opportunities to shape your own working environment in combination with a very good compensation as well as benefits and will experience the advantage of both a big enterprise and a small start-up at the same time. Since the team is fairly small you will benefit from high trust and responsibility given to you. Also you will be a key person to grow our team. You should also be motivated to introduce new innovative processes and tools into an existing global enterprise structure.
The Team / The Business:
We are a small, highly motivated team in a newly set up devision to scale innovation. We use agile methodologies to drive performance and we share and transfer knowledge as well as embracing methods such as pairing or lightning talks to do so. We are always trying to stay ahead of things and try to be "state-of-the-art" and "cutting-edge".
Knowledge & Skills:
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
* 3-5 years experience working in Big Data or Cloud Technology transformation projects running in production environments.
* At least 3 years experience in a global scale organization ideally in commodity and/or financial markets working on relevant Big Data and IT projects as cloud architect.
* Working Experience developing solution using AWS Services for Analytics, API Delivery or Data Processing (S3, Redshift, Athena, RDS, Lambda, ECS, EKS, Spark, API Gateway, etc)
* Working experience in Data Lake implementations using technologies such as Hadoop and AWS.
* Working experience Real-time processing (stream technology).
* Ability to effectively communicate & collaborate across multiple non-technical functions within the organization (e.g. Product Management, Sales, Marketing, Editorial, ...).
* Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive. Ability to focus on relevant business metrics and topline growth.
* Strong English written and verbal communication skills
Preferred candidates do also provide:
* Deep commodity market and/or financial market understanding and significant working experience.
About Platts and S&P Global
Platts is a premier source of benchmark price assessments and commodities intelligence. At Platts, the content you generate and the relationships you build are essential to the energy, petrochemicals, metals and agricultural markets.
Learn more at https://www.platts.com/
S&P Global includes Ratings, Market Intelligence, S&P Dow Jones Indices and Platts. Together, we're the foremost providers of essential intelligence for the capital and commodities markets.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. For special accommodation due to disability, please email email@example.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate individual.
Job ID :
Posted On :
New York, NY US
About S&P Global
S&P Global is the provider of credit ratings, benchmarks and analytics in the global capital and commodity markets.