A career in our Service Management practice, within Cloud Computing and Networking services, will provide you with the opportunity to focus on the joint business relationship between PwC and Google, HP, Microsoft, Oracle, SAP, and other cloud based platforms to bring new and innovative services to some of the largest companies. We help our clients adopt the cloud to transform Information Technology, scale and streamline operations and create new cloud based businesses through our strong alliances. You'll be at the forefront of helping organisations around the globe adopt innovative technology solutions that optimise business processes or enable scalable technology. Our team helps organisations transform their Information Technology operations into additional sources of revenue by improving Information Technology service delivery, cost efficiency, and customer satisfaction. As part of the team, you'll help our clients design and implement process strategies to address gaps in their cloud service delivery and service management proficiency.
As a Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Proactively assist in the management of a portfolio of clients, while reporting to Senior Managers and above
* Be involved in the financial management of clients
* Be actively involved in business development activities to help identify and research opportunities on new/existing clients
* Contribute to the development of your own and team's technical acumen
* Develop strategies to solve complex technical challenges
* Assist in the management and delivering of large projects
* Train, coach, and supervise staff
* Keep up to date with local and national business and economic issues
* Continue to develop internal relationships and your PwC brand
Job Requirements and Preferences:
Minimum Degree Required:
Required Fields of Study:
Computer and Information Science, Management Information Systems
Minimum Years of Experience:
AWS Certified Solutions Architect Azure Solutions Architect Certified OpenStack Administrator Google Certified Professional - Cloud Architect
Demonstrates extensive knowledge and/or a proven record of success emphasizing the following areas:
* Leading large-scale initiatives emphasizing the strategy, design and development of Platform-as-a-Service, Infrastructure-as-a-Service, Software-as-a-Service cloud platforms that extend to private and public cloud deployment models;
* Leading efforts and leveraging knowledge related to Cloud Management Platforms, Virtualization Strategies, Automation and Orchestration Strategies, Public Cloud Platforms, Cloud Capacity/Performance Optimization, and Application Migrations to a Cloud Platform with a clear understanding of how an IT organization capitalizes upon technology to enable the business;
* Managing transformational projects related to IT Architecture, Engineering, Operations, Security and Digital adoption;
* Applying DevOps strategies, designs, implementations, and tools capabilities/functionalities;
* Leading and collaborating with middle and senior management on client-facing business development, engagement delivery, practice development and thought leadership engagements; and,
* Developing and maintaining of client relationships, and the management of multiple and simultaneous, complex work streams or engagements.
Demonstrates extensive abilities and/or a proven record of success emphasizing the following areas:
* Designing dynamic large-scale cloud environments with a background in implementing a variety of digital platforms and a perspective on the various cloud offerings in the marketplace;
* Having certified training in cloud container services (e.g. ECS), storage services (e.g. EBS), and database services (e.g. RDS);
* Leading digital or infrastructure deployments that includes managing projects related to highly virtualized solutions, digital convergence, outsourcing or systems integrations, network engineering, and cybersecurity;
* Implementing major infrastructure management platforms (e.g. BMC, HP, CA, VMWare, etc.), automation, and orchestration (e.g. Chef, Puppet) and public cloud vendors (e.g. AWS, Rackspace, Google Cloud Platform, Azure and Office 365 etc.);
* Identifying and addressing client needs including developing and sustaining deep client relationships using networking, negotiation and persuasion skills to identify and sell potential new service opportunities, preparing and presenting complex written and verbal materials, and defining resource requirements, project workflow, budgets, billing and collection;
* Leading a team and creating a positive environment by monitoring workloads of the team while meeting client expectations and respecting the work-life quality of team members, providing candid, meaningful feedback in a timely manner and keeping leadership informed of progress and issues; and,
* Contributing to the development of thought leadership materials and support the practice with the goal to be recognized in the Information Technology industry as a continued leader in the digital and cloud community.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
PwC (PricewaterhouseCoopers) is a global provider of auditing, accounting, and assurance services for organizations and individuals.