Cloud Engineer, Backup & Recovery
Albertsons-Safeway Company is one of the largest food and drug retailers with 2,300+ stores. The Albertsons-Safeway family of brands includes some of the most prominent brands in food retailing, with a growing base of loyal shoppers. Thanks to the professionalism, diversity, spirit and friendliness of our people, we have locations across the U.S.
The Information Technology Department has an opening for a Cloud Engineer, Backup and Recovery. This position is located in Phoenix, Arizona or Pleasanton, California.
The Backup Recovery Engineer has a primary focus on systems backup platforms, data protection and recovery, and will deliver technical infrastructure services for design, engineering, maintenance and support of Albertsons enterprise data backup and recovery environment. The candidate must be able to contribute independently and on teams in projects of moderate to complex scope in order to recommend and develop creative and practical solutions. Broad experience in system administration and strong technical knowledge in this specific technology area is required. That experience and knowledge will be used to perform predictive analysis, performance analysis, monitor systems, identify root cause, develop and implement short- and long-term solutions, and must be able to guide others in adaptive problem solving. A successful candidate will use innovative approaches to proactively tackle a broad range of problems.
The Backup Recovery Engineer position is also responsible for handling day to day administration tasks including systems reporting, system tuning, and working with offshore counterparts to address issues before outages are incurred. He/she also performs change and service request work for business partners and project delivery.
This role is expected to work with leaders across various groups to provide input to decisions. Presentation and discussion of information and issues internally within IT and with business staff will be common. The desired candidate will be able to interface with all levels in both business and technical terms depending upon the situation. She/he is viewed as a technical resource and/or subject matter expert by peers within IT.
This role is expected to contribute to business partner/customer group's business objectives and influence solutions that will help the business realize its objectives or, in the event of problems, reduce adverse effects on productivity.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Minimum 5-10 years experience in a specific Systems Technology area in a large-scale, distributed, corporate environment.
* Minimum 3 years of experience in the retail industry preferred.
* B.S. in a technical field, Computer Science preferred.
* Minimum 5 years experience with Enterprise products including 5+ years experience engineering or supporting system solutions including integration and deployment of Symantec NetBackup, EMC Networker, EMC Data Domain appliances, and storage replication technologies.
* Working knowledge of EMC storage systems, including VMAX, NVX, NetApp, Data Domain, and RecoverPoint.
* Working knowledge of storage area networking -- Cisco / Brocade switches, fiber channel and FCOE.
* Working knowledge of VMware and two or more infrastructure technologies including Windows Server OS, UNIX, and EMC Storage Systems.
* Working knowledge of fundamental IT concepts, systems, platforms, tools and technologies, hardware, software and services.
* Applied knowledge of processes and procedures for maintaining and troubleshooting tools and technologies.
* Unix Shell / PERL / VB Scripting.
* Strong ability to document completely and accurately at all levels of solution development and implementation, following procedural steps, as directed, to assure compliance with Federal guidelines, policies, and laws, including those that drive Sarbanes Oxley and internal Albertsons policies.
* Strong understanding of ITSM Processes: Incident Management, Problem Management, Change Management, Configuration Management and Computer Operations IT disciplines absolutely preferred.
* Results oriented, willing to take responsibility and accept accountability for action.
* Genuine desire to provide superior customer service.
* Comfortable with ambiguity as needs change on a regular basis.
* High degree of initiative and sense of urgency.
* Ability to work on multiple, simultaneous initiatives of which he/she will apply their applicable business, technical and system functionality background.
* Provide 24x7 2nd level support responding to escalated issues, troubleshooting errors and developing technical solutions to ensure implementation of process improvements
* Support for all products, solutions or processes as assigned and in accordance with internal Support Management standards and procedures.
* Support and maintain hardware, software and connectivity components by analyzing the functionality of infrastructure framework and designing and planning major upgrades and changes to ensure reliability and availability.
* Collaborate with key stakeholders by regularly communicating, clarifying technical solutions and supporting timely and efficient team operations by utilizing and sharing knowledge and expertise.
* Contribute to a positive work environment by demonstrating cultural expectations and influencing others to reward performance and value "can do" people, accountability, diversity and inclusion, flexibility, continuous improvement, collaboration, creativity and fun.
* Work with business representatives, IT Management, IT development, support teams and vendors to ensure on time, on budget, and quality delivery of technical solutions that support the strategic direction of the business and IT.
* Maintain a common documentation library of standardized procedures and configurations (RunBooks).
* Collaborate across Operations and Implementation teams to determine best solutions for support.
How to Apply: Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a resume by visiting careersatsafeway.com
Diversity is fundamental at Albertsons-Safeway. We foster an inclusive working environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee is both recognized and valued. We believe that building successful relationships with our customers and our communities is only possible through the diversity of our people. A diverse workforce leads to better teamwork and creative thinking, as well as mutual understanding and respect.
The Albertsons-Safeway policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion and other conditions of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status or any other legally protected status.
We support a drug-free workplace -- all applicants offered a position are required to pass a pre-employment drug test before they are hired.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Safeway is a company operating a supermarket chain.