MicroPact is wholly owned subsidiary of Tyler Technologies, the largest company in North America dedicated to providing software for the public sector, including federal, state and local government. Tyler is a nationally recognized provider of integrated system solutions and professional services, and serves clients in more than 21,000 installations across 10,000 state and local government locations in all 50 states, Canada, Puerto Rico, the United Kingdom and Australia, as well as more than 200 U.S. federal agencies. Acquired by Tyler in February 2019, MicroPact has focused for more than four decades on delivering powerful, adaptive, commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) solutions to the public sector. Today, MicroPact products serve 98% of U.S. states and 97% of federal agencies with 500 or more employees.
Are you interested embarking on your career journey with our company? Read on to find out more about the next exciting opening within our team!
At MicroPact our goal is to make the working world a better place by developing and implementing BPM and Case Management software to make our clients more efficient.
As a Cloud Engineer, you will play an integral part in advancing our Cloud eco-system and culture of technical excellence. You will champion Infrastructure Automation, support Hybrid Cloud Solutions, and display a strong understanding of Cloud-as-a-Service varieties: PaaS, IaaS, and SaaS. Creating the next generation of network-centric Cloud architectures, you will make a key contribution supporting end-to-end public Cloud Automation of application delivery, including Infrastructure provisioning and integration with Continuous Integration/Continuous Development (CI/CD) platforms, using existing and emerging technologies. The ideal candidate will have experience moving infrastructure to the Cloud!
* Driving project/service delivery
* Plan and lead the deployment of the cloud solution in production environments
* Develop scripts and glue code to integrate multiple software components
* Automate the provisioning of environments pulling strings with Puppet, cooking up some recipes with Chef and the deployment of those environments using containers, such as Docker (and for the love of automation, at least have some configuration management tool through some version control)
* Design and develop automation workflows, performing unit tests and conducting reviews to make sure your work is rigorously designed, elegantly coded, and effectively tuned for platform performance, and accessing the overall quality of delivered components
* Strong verbal and written communication skills are necessary due to the dynamic nature of collaborations with customers, vendors, and other engineering team, solving complex business problems together
* Evaluate & build different compute frameworks for all tiers
* Implementing scalable system solutions is required
* We are looking for self-starters, those who can work independently, with and across teams. Establishing smooth running environments is paramount o your success and happiness
* Experience migrating on-site solutions to cloud based offerings, such as Amazon's AWS and Microsoft Azure
* Bachelor's degree or Military Experience
* 1+ years supporting of Java web application technologies such as Tomcat or JBOSS
* 1+ years working with XML or YAML configuration
* 1+ years of experience in software development embracing Agile principles
* 1+ years of experience with Cloud based hosting solutions (AWS-EC2/S3, Azure, Google Cloud)
* Ability to work on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires in-depth evaluation of various factors, which often require interdisciplinary collaboration
* Strong communication skills with both technical and non-technical teams
* Must be eligible to obtain and hold a US Government security clearance of Secret or higher
About Tyler Technologies
Tyler Technologies is a company that provides integrated information management solutions and services for the public sector, with a focus on local governments.