What you'll be doing...
You will join the Cloud Engineering and Enablement team where you will play a role in the development of seamless customer-centric solutions, especially for accelerating and supporting cloud migrations, leveraging advanced customer interaction mechanisms such as chatbot, natural language processing, and API-based integration with core systems.
You will be working with existing code as well as developing, integrating, and testing new features sets to include cloud related efforts. Experience developing, testing, and deploying analytics within an enterprise corporate cloud framework. You should be able to assist the customer in defining requirements, designing and developing code utilizing an agile methodology, and working with the customer to ensure that output and workflows are accurate and satisfy mission needs
* Strong knowledge of micro services architecture.
* Apply industry standards, and best practices.
* Developing cloud-native applications and deploying to a Cloud environment ( AWS, GCP or OCI).
* Knowledge on all phases of software development, including UI / User Interface design and development, micro services design and development, relational and non-relational DBs, APIs and external integration, quality assurance, security, and infrastructure.
* Knowledge on business functions and user stories, decompose them into technical specifications, and develop working application code for a cloud environment.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Four or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
* A degree.
* Ten or more years of relevant experience.
* Five or more years of experience with multi-Platform/Product/Technologies such as .NET/Java, Microservices/REST Services, SQL/No-SQL.
* Two or more years of cloud architecture experience.
* Experience working with API layer, Chatbot and NLP.
* Writing and interacting with Web Services (REST, SOAP, JSON, etc.)
* AWS Certified Architect.
* CI/CD - Deployment pipeline experience (Jenkins, Ansible).
* Strong agile & Scrum skills with accountability for end to end delivery.
* Experience with DevOps container/orchestration tools like Kubernetes, Docker, Puppet, etc.
* Knowledge of Unix/Linux based systems, and experience troubleshooting applications running on these systems.
* Experience working in a team environment using agile sprint methodologies and tools including Jira, Git.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.