Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. You will be responsible for defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Oracle Exadata Database team is building a new cloud native, Autonomous, multi-tenant, database optimized, smart storage cloud service. This service is expected to scale across thousands of tenants. It is based on the successful Exadata platform. This cost effective storage solution is engineered for highest performance and availability to run variety of workloads. We are hiring senior developers for this exciting team to build the service to power Autonomous database offerings in Oracle Cloud and Cloud at customer.
We have an open position for a network engineer to work on the high speed, database oriented network fabric for this new cloud native storage service. We are looking for a network engineer who loves to solve hard problem and can helps us with complete lifecycle, monitoring and performance analysis of complex networks( having VCNs, VPN, Gateways etc .. ). The role provides a mixture of production ownership and development. You will solve challenging technical problems, identify improvements and work on implementing your recommendations.
In this role you will:
* Work on the internal network fabric for the new multi-tenant, database optimized smart storage service
* Work on the external network fabric used by clients (different autonomous database offerings) to access the new multi-tenant, database optimized smart storage service
* Build new monitoring/administration solutions including architecture, provisioning, configuration, deployment, and patching of network components
* React to production deficiencies by continuously implementing automation, self-healing, and real-time monitoring to production systems
* Partner with distributed teams in prototyping new solutions
* Stay informed of new technologies
7 years of software development experience a distributed systems environment, preferably in the cloud
* BS or MS or PhD degree in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
* Experience with Software Defined Networking (SDN)/ Network Function Virtualization (NFV) concepts
* Experience with networking software (e.g., TCP/IP, IP Tables, NAT, Deep Packet Inspection, IPV4, IPV6, routing protocols, VPN, Gateways etc.)
* Experience with datacentre networking, container networking
* Experience with commercial network infrastructure and appliances, such Ethernet switches by Cisco or similar
* Understanding of messaging and data pipeline technologies: Kafka, RabbitMQ
* Experience with network troubleshooting and telemetry tools
* Familiarity with RDMA and RoCE would be an added advantage
* Deep understanding of scalable computing systems, software architecture, data structures and algorithms
* Proven track record of designing, building and delivering high quality software on time
* Strong desire to build, sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
* Possess a passion for technical leadership and mentoring
* Possess strong verbal and written communication skills
Oracle is a company providing integrated cloud applications and platform services.