Pinnacol Assurance does just one thing, and does it better than anyone: provide caring workers' compensation protection to Colorado employers and employees. And while we may be a little biased, we believe that our work shapes communities and changes lives.
We have big hearts and love big ideas. We celebrate continuous improvement, innovation, compassion, teamwork, integrity and excellence. Speaking of celebrating, we love having fun at work. We host holiday parties, on-site painting classes, and employees love our yoga classes and book club, too.
What you'll do:
As part of the Engineering Operations team, builds data structures that are performant, transparent, accurate, secure and consistent. Creates data pipelines that optimize accuracy and speed. Provides feedback to data architect on governance and design. Documents the processes related to data movement and storage.
What you can expect:
* Identify and utilize standardize data movement processes and technology.
* Create and maintain optimal data pipelines
* Transform unwieldy data into simplified data structures
* Understands, uses and helps create internal governance standards
* Builds optimized infrastructure for ODS, system of record, data warehouse and other data stores
* Assists in identifying, implementing, and utilizing tools that ease the use of data
* Actively experiments with new ideas
* Collaborate with business units to build and implement data solutions that best support the business unit's needs.
* Researches data design future state options and current state opportunities
* Operates astutely in the company
* Plays a role in data strategy
* Uses standard common business vocabulary as part of the object naming convention.
* Collaborates with Data Architect on building and maintaining operational, technical, and business metadata.
* Works with IS and business partners to assess data problems and needs
* Identify and enable data capabilities across the enterprise
* Partner with architect on roadmaps for desired future states
* Builds data structures with an eye on data volume, security, downstream usage, and long term feasibility
* Train other employees as needed
* Serve on committees
* Present business and technical subjects to team members or other internal groups
* Perform other duties as assigned
What you'll bring to the table:
* GCP data stack - CloudSQL, BigQuery, Storage
* Data cataloging
* ETL/ELT methodologies
* Advanced knowledge of databases and data pipelines
* SQL and database optimization
* Columnar or NoSQL databases
* Infrastructure as code - Terraform
* Shell scripting
* Programming with Go and Python
* GitHub and Jenkins
* Log analysis - Stackdriver and Splunk
* Identity and Access Management (IAM) permissions
* Disaster recovery design
* Capacity planning
* Performance management
* Teamwork: Ability to work collaboratively and with transparency with colleagues and business partners
* Relationship building: Ability to establish, sustain and foster relationships within the business to gain confidence that our platform resources are consistent and safe to use for insights
* Growth Mind-set: Desire and ability to learn new platforms quickly to support evolving technology
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES:
Regular attendance required. Extensive telephone and computer work in an office environment. There will be on call times.
We can't do our work without people like you.
Our employees are extraordinary and committed to making a difference. Here's some of the ways we show our appreciation.
* Our benefits go beyond the basics. You'll get to choose from diverse benefit offerings for medical, dental and vision.
* We care about each other. We enjoy a positive, collaborative work environment. We are hard workers and high performers.
* Take a day (or 20!) off. Enjoy 20 paid days off your first full year plus eight paid holidays annually.
* Take care of yourself. Sign up for unique wellness programs, including on-site, company-paid fitness facilities and classes
* Get your learning on. We promote a learning culture to help you master your current job and cultivate the skills of the future through a variety of on-site, online, and off-site professional development opportunities.
* Give back and get paid. Through our employee volunteer program, Pinnacol in Action, employees receive paid time off to volunteer with Colorado nonprofits.
* Share in our success. You'll have the opportunity to earn a quarterly incentive, up to 20 percent of your annual base salary, when your team exceeds their goals and objectives.