Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. You will be responsible for defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Oracle Cloud Infrastructure
Cloud Customer Experience - Principal Software Engineer
Downtown Seattle, WA
Oracle's Cloud Infrastructure Group is building new Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) technologies that operate at high scale in a broadly distributed multi-tenant cloud environment. Our customers run their businesses on our cloud, and our mission is to provide them with best in class compute, storage, networking, database, and security.
We are assembling a new software development team focused on building a new cloud service from scratch. Incredible green field opportunity to define, design and develop world class IaaS service operating at hyperscale. We're looking for hands-on engineers with expertise and passion in solving difficult problems in distributed systems, virtualized infrastructure, and highly available services. If this is you, at Oracle you can design and build innovative customer-facing services and workflows for a best in class customer experience.
As an ideal candidate, you will have an understanding of large-scale distributed systems (cloud-based environments), possess the technical ability to identify and break down challenging technical problems, as well as design and implement solutions to those problems. In addition, you are passionate about improving engineering efficiency and developing a technical breadth of how we build, test and deliver our products. You are results driven and thrive in an environment that is agile, collaborative and in start-up mode, even when faced with ambiguity. You are excited to utilize your in-depth knowledge of delivering complex services and expertise in hands-on software development to create an engineering environment that embodies the best development and testing practices for delivering a high-quality service.
These are exciting times in our space - we are growing fast, still at an early stage, and working on ambitious new initiatives. If you are passionate about taking ownership of big technical challenges and producing software solutions that have broad, significant impacts - come join our team!
* 5 - 12 years' experience delivering and operating large scale, highly available distributed systems.
* Strong knowledge of C, C or Java, and experience with scripting languages such as Python, Perl, etc.
* Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, operating systems, and distributed systems fundamentals
* Strong understanding of databases, NoSQL systems, storage and distributed persistence technologies.
* Strong troubleshooting and performance tuning skills.
* Experience of agile product development, startup or startup-like development.
* Software Engineering experience with distributed systems within large scale environments
* 5-12 years' experience working on challenging issues with a self-starter / self-motivated attitude (Will vary based on level)
* Experience working in an Ops-focused environment, implementing and improving Ops best practices
Oracle is a company providing integrated cloud applications and platform services.