SAIC has a new opportunity for a DevOps Engineer to work on an exciting, fast-paced program. This position provides direct support to a government program office. The candidate must have hands-on experience with Kubernetes in designing, implementing and managing Kubernetes clusters working in conjunction with Docker Containers. Additionally, the candidate must have hands-on experience with Docker and have experience in establishing container image repositories, building Docker files, container images, and using Docker in establishing continuous integration/continuous deployment (CI/CD) deployment pipelines. In addition, the candidate needs to have hands-on experience with tools enabling automated testing and integration; as well as AWS key services (e.g., EC2, S3, VPC, KMS, CloudFormation, IAM). The DevOps engineer must also have hands-on experience in designing, building and maintaining continuous integration/continuous delivery build pipelines.
* Lead the design, development and instantiation of the deployment process for the project
* Design, build and maintain CI/CD pipelines in multiple integration and test (I&T) environments
* Automate and orchestrate workloads on AWS
* Create Docker files, Docker Container images, and a container image repository.
* Install, configure and manage Kubernetes clusters supporting the CI/CD deployment pipelines
* Install, configure and manage additional CI/CD tools in the environment (e.g., Jenkins, GitLab, Cucumber)
* Install, configure and manage automated testing tools in the environment.
* Top Secret/SCI clearance with Poly
* Experience in building and managing CI/CD pipelines
* Must have experience installing and configuring AWS services
* Must have strong scripting experience
* Hands-on experience with at least one configuration/deployment management system (e.g., Chef, Puppet, Ansible, AWS Cloud Formation, Salt or other similar tools)
* Hands-on experience with at least one of the following languages: Node.js, Python, PHP, Ruby, and Java. Proficient with git and git workflows.
* Experience with Helm
* Experience with a source code repository tool e.g., GitLab, GitHub
* Experience building installation packages using RPM and Yum
* Experience with Chef for software installation
* Proven ability to provide automation solutions using PowerShell, Python and JSON.
* Proficiency with Linux
* Platform and OS experience: CentOS 6 and 7, RHEL 6 and 7, Windows 7, Windows 2016
* Proficiency in leveraging automated testing tools to automate testing
* Familiarity with Test Automation tools and frameworks: XUnit, Selenium, Cypress JS, SauceLabs, etc.
* Comfortable working in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment using a scaled agile workflow
* Thrives in solving complex challenges and working with abstract ideas
* Capable of effectively and efficiently multitasking and prioritizing in a highly dynamic environment
* Self-motivated, proactive team player with impeccable attention to detail
* Polished communicator, technical topics readily understood by all stakeholders. Strong documentation skills, a superior technical writer.
* BA/BS Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a related technical field
* 5+ years of professional software development experience
* 3+ years as a DevOps Engineer or equivalent
* 3+ years of hands on experience with Kubernetes and creating and managing a Kubernetes based infrastructure
* 3+ years of hands on experience with Docker, building Docker files and images, establishing Docker image repositories
* 2+ years of experience with CI/CD orchestrator tools e.g., Jenkins, Maven, Ant, or similar CI/CD orchestrator tool(s)
* Master's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or related technical field
* Experience supporting cloud development programs for an IC customer
* Industry certifications (e.g. AWS Certified Developer, AWS Certified Solution Architect, etc.)
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability