Responsible for translating the client's business needs into specific systems, applications or process designs for very large complex IT solutions and integrating architecture. Acts as an advocate for the client, as the ultimate authority on the architecture designed to address client business problems. Provides direction for design activities.
Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. 8 years relevant work experience. BS/BA preferred.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Oracle Managed Cloud Services is a critical and proven part of Oracle's broader cloud offerings and enables organizations to leverage their Oracle investments to extend into the cloud with greater value, choice and confidence. For more than twelve years, millions of end users have used Oracle Managed Cloud Services to increase their productivity and gain competitive advantage. Oracle delivers enterprise-grade, end-to-end managed cloud services across its broad portfolio of business applications, middleware, database, and hardware technologies.
We are looking for a individual, to be responsible for our production infrastructure on Oracle Cloud, including the servers and services which support our growing client base as well as designing and implementing highly scalable environments while simultaneously keeping a strict 24/7 uptime. This Engineer will work with all other teams in the organization and provide infrastructure solutions for their needs. We are looking for an experienced senior engineer with a very autonomous approach, who is a fast learner, is not afraid to make changes and bring in ideas, and has a "get things done" mentality.
You must understand the building blocks of IT, in general. These include client systems and applications, networking, infrastructure, data centers, web tools and technologies, databases, ERP, and more. Knowledge of Oracle Fusion Middleware technologies - weblogic stack, soa will be a added advantage.
You will Thrive in our dynamic environment if you can:
* Accomplish tasks with minimal supervision
* Provide Outstanding customer service and communication skills (written and verbal)
* Continually innovate and improve product quality as well as group efficiency
* Show initiative
* Design new scalable solutions for fast changing infrastructure environment with complex needs in fields like: provisioning, configuration deployments, monitoring, logging and much more
* Bring in new ideas, change, evolve, improve and simplify the production infrastructure
* Work closely with our development and research teams and provide customer friendly solutions and support
Successful candidates will have 8 years of related experience and a dedication to on-going professional development.
* Proficiency at programming in at least one major programming language (Java, C, C , C#) as well as a scripting language (ant, shell, perl, python, etc).
* Prior experience as a Sr Engineer for medium to large scale public cloud deployment
* BS / MS level technical degree or equivalent experience; Computer Science or Engineering background preferred; MS Degree desired.
* Design and deployment of global, highly available, enterprise-scale global cloud infrastructures
* Advanced knowledge of cloud and physical infrastructure concepts, technologies and patterns.
* Deep expertise and hands-on experience with Public Cloud (IaaS,PaaS,SaaS) and Infrastructure as Code capabilities
* Strong design and hands on troubleshooting background in many of the following:
* Public cloud platforms like: OCI, OCIC, AWS, Azure and GCP etc
* Migrating complex, multi-tier applications on cloud
* Configuration management (Chef, Puppet, Ansible, mcollective)
* Cloud orchestration (CloudFormation, Terraform)
* Cloud Security technology and best practices (Oracle Cloud Security lists/groups, AWS Security Groups, SSO, IAM, WAF, Federated).
* Authentication and Authorization technologies (LDAP, Kerberos, AD)
* Authentication and Authorization protocols (OAuth 2.0, OpenID Connect, SAML)
* Hands on expertise on ELK, Splunk & similar on a public cloud platform.
* Familiarity with industry compliance and security standards including PCI DSS, SOC-1&2, ISO 27001, HIPAA, GxP and FDA.
Oracle is a company providing integrated cloud applications and platform services.