At Anaplan, we are looking for a self-motivated PRINCIPAL CLOUD AUTOMATION ENGINEER professional to join our growing team at Anaplan HQ, SAN FRANCISCO to be a member of the Global Technical Operations group working across San Francisco, US, London, UK, and York, UK. This is an opportunity for you to work for one of the coolest hyper-growth companies in technology.
As a Principal Cloud Automation Engineer, you will have full ownership of the GCP environment. You will support Anaplan's production platform across their private cloud. You will work in a team to deliver best in class applications deployed on GCP.
Located in the heart of the SOMA district, you can feel the excitement and energy of what we do at Anaplan when you step into our San Francisco office. We're a high-growth company developing best-in-class solutions to planning at an enterprise scale. Our customers rely on Anaplan as an always-on shared source of truth as they navigate the constant change and planning required to stay on top in the marketplace-we're pioneering the Connected Planning discipline to help business make decisions more quickly and decisively than ever before.
We're looking for someone who thrives in a changing environment. Has a desire to develop a deep understanding of our system and excited to solve challenging problems at scale while delivering new capabilities to our rapidly growing number of customers. This role is an immediate full-time position. If you're ready to roll up your sleeves and tackle unique problems that no one is solving in the tech space yet, keep reading.
What you'll be doing:
* Design and implement highly scalable infrastructure utilizing the GCP
* Develop, create, manage, and administrate Anaplan's GCP environment.
* Deploy a streamlined / automated application environment
* Visit and work across Anaplan sites in the US and Europe as required (minimal travel is needed, applicants must be willing and eligible)
* Provisioning, estimating cost and capacity as we scale to increase availability with our production environments.
* Develop technical discipline across organizations and Anaplan sites to strengthen adherence to best practices and eliminate technical debit.
* Be an idea maker, as we scale and ingest more data you will need to recommend and implement new technical solutions.
More about you:
* BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
* Working understanding of coding (Python/Perl/Ruby)
* 7-10 years commercial Linux/Unix system administration experience
* Working knowledge of automation tools (Ansible/Chef)
* Knowledge of best practices and operations in an always-up always available environment
* Strong focus on delivering results
* Experience with monitoring of GCP clusters for overall health
Technologies you'll work with:
* Google Cloud Platform
* Red Hat
* Experience with Public Cloud (e.g. AWS / Azure/ Google)
* Network expertise in Linux Kernel network features, BGP, routing, web (REST) APIs
* High availability engineering experience (clustering, consensus algorithms, fail-over mechanisms)
* Experience with Microservices and Docker
* Experience with CI/CD
What we offer:
* A rewarding, progressive career with a company that values diversity, flexibility and understands the need for a good work/life balance.
* Market-leading salaries combined with generous bonuses, equity and a range of comprehensive benefits.
* Regular agile meet-ups, events and hackathons (both attending and hosting!)
* 3 days of paid leave every year to help support the charity or cause of your choice.
* Huge problems to solve -you will constantly be learning and pushing boundaries, working with some of the most committed people around!
Do you align with Anaplan's Values?
Collaborative: We go out of our way to help others succeed
Explore all of our Values on Anaplan.com/careers
We're building a truly unique technology. From our calculation engine and in-memory data store, to apps and predictive analytics; amazing technology is being developed every day.
We're addressing a $100B/year problem that all global businesses face. Our mission is to break the traditional business planning mold, currently performed through spreadsheets or legacy systems.
Anaplan's Connected Planning platform is enabling customers to improve decision-making by turning response time into real time. With 900+ customers and 175+ partners globally, Anaplan's platform is solving some of the most complex challenges in business. CEOs, analysts, and the press agree-Anaplan is changing the way the world does business. Learn about our history, see our recognitions and achievements, and take a look at what it's like to work at Anaplan. Get to know more about working at Anaplan by checking out our social channels.
CAN'T FIND THE PERFECT ROLE FOR YOU? NEW OPPORTUNITIES ARE OPENING UP DAILY:
Anaplan is a company providing a planning and performance management platform for businesses.