JP Morgan Chase
Cloud Architect Lead
Req #: 190016610
Location: Chicago, IL, US
Job Category: Technology
Working as an Architect, your passion for technology and thirst for innovation will help shape the future of global digital commerce, now and for years to come. Every day, you'll bring critical day-to-day leadership and thinking to the table, working with teams of architects, aligning cross-functional projects, ensuring that they're within reason, fiscally and technically. You'll collaborate with internal teams and business leaders alike, creating strategically sound Target State Architectures. You will have a major say in budgeting, hiring, mentoring, setting priorities and fostering a client-centric environment where everyone learns and grows. At the end of the day, your work will have tremendous and positive impact, whether it's in-house, in collaboration with technologists across JPMorgan Chase & Co.'s global technology community or in partnership with some of the most important tech firms in the world.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
* Expertise in application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines\
* Fluency in architecture and design across all systems
* Knowledge in at least one area of technical architecture
* Strategic thinking and passion for business strategy and business processes
* Experience in risk and risk control compliance
* Ability to work collaboratively in teams and develop meaningful relationships to achieve common goals
* As a Cloud Architect Lead at JPMC, you will be expected to be an accomplished practitioner with Pivotal Cloud Foundry and Amazon Web Services
* Be a strong technologist with pragmatic view and creative mind, and a natural collaborator with line of business architects, engineers, developers, application owners, service providers, and senior management
* Lead through influence, communicate effectively through clarity of thought and demonstrated understanding of business and technical requirements.
* Provide a detailed understanding of cloud infrastructure services and well-architected principles
* Possess significant breadth across other disciplines (e.g., enterprise security architecture, compute services, storage, large-scale networking, virtualization, data center, integration architecture (API), orchestration technologies, systems resiliency, service support, application development lifecycle management (DevOps), and service delivery)
* Advise on the refactoring and design of preexisting software to help increase its cloud relevancy
* Proven experience in assessing, refactoring and identifying opportunity for existing applications to take advantage of modern application architectures (e.g. microservices, containers)
* Proven experience with cloud software, platforms and/or infrastructures as an architect or engineer
* Experience with the assessment, implementation, management and documentation of a broad set of information technologies and processes (e.g., resiliency, application scaling, application security, data protection, encryption, governance and discipline) within a cloud environment
* Experience designing cloud ready solutions, including creating artifacts, models, and strategy presentations
* Experience in application assessment to determine best fit and opportunity for leveraging cloud services and establishing and managing a cloud migration/adoption pipeline
* Solid understanding of the end-to-end information technology (IT) process, including architecture, design & engineering, implementation, and operations
* Ability to provide direction and guidance on architectural use cases and requirements for related efforts
* Cloud related certifications (e.g., AWS, Google, Azure, etc.)
* Strategically oriented and can influence at the group and Firm level as needed
* Expertise in working in partnership with colleagues throughout the firm, and in leading collaborative teams to achieve common goals
Our Commercial Banking division uses technology driven by innovative minds like yours to provide companies, as well as real estate owners and investors with a range of financial solutions designed to help them achieve their business goals. With annual client revenues ranging from $20 million to over $2 billion, the service and the solutions we provide is critical to both our and our clients' success.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
About JP Morgan Chase
JP Morgan Chase & Co. is a global financial services provider that offers investment banking, asset management, treasury and other services.