Electronic Arts (Ea)
Requisition Number: 156519
Position Title: Sr Software Engineer I
We are EA
And we make games - how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That's why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
Save the planet from alien invaders. Score the winning touchdown.
Yup - it's the coolest job on the planet!
The Challenge Ahead:
EA IT's Game Development & Infrastructure Service (GDIS) team supports and empowers game development across EA's sites and Studio game teams, by providing leveraged Information Technology Solutions that enable EA to build the world's best games and Digital Playground. With the latest generation of Gaming Platforms, 4K resolution TVs and 4D modeling, there is exponential growth in the size of content related to EA's game titles. EA's business strategy leverages a highly distributed development model to produce its games. These trends combined are creating some unique and exciting Information Technology challenges for the GDIS team to ensure that we have secure game dev technology tools and services which meet these business needs and requirements both today and in the future.
We're looking for a Cloud Architect who will be responsible for the strategic direction of EA IT Cloud Services and Solutions which support our Game Development & Enterprise Services Teams. You will be leveraging latest technologies and architecture principles to solve complex problems of modern applications and cloud services. On this team you will deliver reliable, scalable, and high-performance services which allow our game creators to make great games.
As a key member of the Cloud.IT team you'll work with a great team of likeminded Technical Infrastructure Architect's and Engineering thought leaders in Enterprise Data Center design, Application Security, Wide Area Network connectivity, Campus Design, Wireless and Network / Client Security Solutions which support our business. You'll provide cloud services strategy, direction and innovation for one of the greatest entertainment companies
Are you ready to lead EA's cloud architecture?
* Define strategic roadmaps including technology and process to grow our cloud services offerings
* Building alignment with key technical stakeholders and communities in the studio organizations
* Work with our customers, partners, software vendors, and operational stakeholders to prioritize features/requirements and build the roadmap
* Lead efforts to define product strategy, product vision, and internal go-to-market strategy
* Lead efforts to accelerate adoption of cloud offerings across EA
Job qualifications and requirements:
* Significant experience in a highly complex, dynamic environment with leadership responsibilities
* BS degree (MS preferred) in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
* Expert level knowledge in private and public cloud technologies
* Expertise in Kubernetes managed services
* Experience building micro-service oriented systems
* Coding experience, preferably in Python, Golang, or Java
* Extensive experience of designing, developing, and testing complex infrastructure solutions to support distributed, scalable and highly available applications.
* Ability to articulate end-to end technical requirements across delivery functions
* Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills, strong technical and business judgment
* Experience in systems programming in Linux, Windows, and/or Cloud environment
* Experience with public/private cloud server deployments and integrated public cloud services
* Strong infrastructure automation skills; automating tasks in any programming language
* Strong understanding of CI/CI pipeline is a big plus
* Excellent communication skills with users, management, technical and non-technical teams
What's in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off of creativity and individuality.
Not only that, we're confident we'll provide you with opportunities to become an expert in the cloud industry by offering hands on experience using and building cutting-edge technologies such as Docker, Consul, and others and by owning the full-cycle of product development.
Don't Just Play It - Create It!
Community / Marketing Title: Cloud Architect/Lead Engineer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-07-11 17:04:50.697
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Seattle, Washington US
About Electronic Arts (Ea)
Electronic Arts is a company that develops, markets, publishes, and distributes games, content, and services for game consoles, personal computers, mobile phones, and tablets.