The Azure Cloud Architect will report into the Commercial IT team. This role will be responsible for the support and development of connected solutions IT systems needed for product engineering, testing and data analytics and reporting. In this role you will lead IT system architecture, design solutions, manage vendors, software contracts and projects focused on cloud infrastructure and IP protection.
* Architect robust cloud solutions that are scalable and meet the needs of New Product Development
* Architect end-to-end solutions using Cloud IoT Services and partner with teams to evaluate business needs.
* Responsible for configuration management using Ansible, Puppet, and/or Chef
* Evaluate new IT technologies & build effective solutions for NPD
* Manage and own configuration for system and hardware
* Lead in streamlining IT Business processes impacting NPD
* Manage vendor relationship and harmonize needs across all stakeholders
* Other duties as assigned by Management
* A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related area is required.
* Must have a minimum of 10 years of solutions architecture experience with a Bachelor's degree or a minimum of 8 years' experience with a Master's degree.
* Must have a minimum of 2 years of Azure architecture experience. Azure Solutions Architect Expert Certification highly preferred.
* Must have a minimum of 5 years of experience in architecting IoT solutions.
* Expert knowledge of Azure IaaS components like VMs, Virtual networks, Storage and PaaS components like App Service, Serverless computing, Storage
* Expert knowledge of AWS VPCs, Subnets, EC2s, routing.
* Expert knowledge of AWS Compute, Storage, IoT, Developer Tools.
* Demonstrated experience with best of Breed Solutions, Cloud Infrastructure and Software solutions
* Able to demonstrate best practices for AWS or Azure account setup, governance, and architecture
* Advanced experience with Microsoft Azure and AWS highly desired.
* Understanding of Continuous Delivery and DevOps principles and techniques such as Blue/Green deployments, rolling deployments and experience implementing them in a cloud environment
* Familiarity with container and resource management technologies such as Kubernetes, Docker, Apache Mesos is a plus
* Familiar with traditional database technologies: SQL Server, Postgres, MySQL, Oracle
* Intermediate knowledge of federated security models and Active Directory
* Analytical, problem solver with ability to challenge existing processes and come up with innovative solutions.
* Proven ability to work hands-on in a fast-paced environment
* Ability to work with ambiguity/uncertainty and a willingness to try new/challenging things
* Experience with system engineering for combined hardware, software systems.
* Java, Python or other Object-Oriented Programming and troubleshooting skills is highly preferred.
* Proficiency with software tools for requirements management, engineering analysis, and statistical analysis.
* Demonstrated technical project management skills on multi-year projects with multi-functional teams
* Ability to communicate (verbal and written) with engineers, management, marketing and health care professionals with ability to remove Roadblocks to innovation, Build key relationships and lasting partnerships
* Knowledge of Medical Device product lifecycle to provide technical leadership preferred
* Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills
* Experience working in a regulated manufacturing environment is preferred.
* Experience with Design for Six Sigma or related product development methods and processes is preferred
* Experience with hospital networks, server and network infrastructure is preferred
About Edwards Lifesciences
Edwards Lifesciences is an American medical equipment company specializing in artificial heart valves and hemodynamic monitoring.