Cloud Architect, Asset & Wealth Management
Req #: 190046088
Location: San Mateo, CA, US
Job Category: Technology
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in asset and wealth management services. We serve institutional, high net worth and retail clients through J.P. Morgan Asset Management; the Private Bank, Private Wealth Management, and J.P. Morgan Securities. We are one of the largest asset and wealth managers in the world.
The AWM Architecture and Engineering group serves all aspects of the business, providing premier architecture solutions and services used as the foundation for technology development. We focus on enabling innovation, rapid execution and empowering the engineering teams across AWM. We develop architectural standard methodologies, core services and lead the development and adoption of Hybrid Cloud solutions using Cloud-native architectures, and platforms.
The group is currently seeking a Cloud Architect to play a critical role in the success of our modernization and cloud transformation. This role will work with experts across the business, AWM delivery teams, the cloud platform teams to make the vision of a world class, high performance, zero friction, end-to-end software delivery model a reality. The challenge is real, the impact will be truly massive and this is the opportunity to redefine how software is built, delivered and operated at one of the world's largest and most respected companies.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record in the delivery of large scale cloud transformation focused on enhancing the engineering experience and delivery productivity. You will be the Cloud computing expert driving Cloud Adoption across Asset Wealth Management and provide thought leadership around our hybrid cloud strategy and implementation for hybrid cloud private \ public cloud platform within a large regulated enterprise environments.
Technical Skills required
* Expert in Cloud Foundry, Kubernetes at scale ideally with a combination of onsite and on cloud hosting provider experience (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud)
* Strong understanding across Cloud and infrastructure components (server, storage, network, data, and applications) to deliver end to end Cloud Infrastructure architectures and designs.
* Proven ability to architect and build high volume, mission critical micro-service \ cloud native applications.
* Deep understanding of the end to end software engineering experience (including build, test and deployment automation)
* Experience leveraging and writing architectural patterns, best practices and guidelines for enterprise applications.
* 5+ years' experience as an IT Infrastructure Architect, with focus on distributed systems architecture & design.
* Excellent communication & interpersonal skills
* Understands and can articulate the technical merits and value of Cloud computing
* Highly driven and results orientated: Drives results through people, communication, influence and interaction.
* Empathy for delivery teams and a passion for improving both the productivity and experience for teams.
* Expertise working in an Agile project environment and the ability to operate development and architecture discussion forums, through a deep understanding of current application development tools and techniques especially as they relate to Cloud Native development and DevOps.
* A fundamental desire and focus on minimizing overhead and complexity while empowering and enabling self-managing & agile delivery
* Exceptional communication, presentation and interpersonal skills are essential, as are strong diplomatic skills and the ability to manage multiple stakeholder groups.
* A keen ability to plan clearly and strategically in a complex environment and build effective organizational processes that support these plans.
* Degree and/or equivalent combination of education and work experience, bringing strong intellectual capacity, excellent analytical skills and clear, consistent and ethical judgment.
* Extensive experience participating in and developing open source and building development communities across organizations.
* Extensive knowledge and experience working in an Agile environment.
* 10+ years relevant experience, with at least 5 spent in an leadership role acting with a combination of software development, architectural design, organizational transformation and community development experience
* TDD - Must have practical experience with unit testing including deep understanding of Mock Testing Frameworks.
* API & Integration Test Automation experience (Spring Cloud Contract or similar)
* ATDD - Experience with Acceptance Test Driven Development including the use of tools like Cucumber and Selenium.
* Continuous Integration - Experience automating builds with Maven using CI Servers like Jenkins.
* Continuous Delivery - Experience with automated deployments using a tool like Spinnaker.
* Java - Expert-level implementation skills with Java.
* Spring - Expert-level implementation skills with the Core Spring Framework and including other sub-projects like
* Spring Boot and Spring Cloud.
About JPMorgan Chase
JP Morgan Chase is a financial services provider that offers investment banking, asset management, treasury, and other services.