Be a part of the E-Business Suite success story. Work with Oracle's world class technology to develop, implement, and support Oracle's global infrastructure.
Work closely with Oracle's internal business and development teams to drive the technical/functional global implementation of Oracle's applications internally. The main responsibilities may include: Manage all aspects of internal deployment projects and work closely with the internal teams on status, issues and communications. Define business specifications with the internal user community for the global deployment of the application. Define and drive business specifications for product and component integration points. Map standard application functionality to global/local business specifications. Manage product gaps from business specifications to product enhancement and/or business process change. Gather specifications and drive solutions from a global perspective across the e-Business Suite. Define product enhancements to drive solutions across the e-Business Suite for all customers. Manage product setup definition and configuration along with internal business process teams. Manage all aspect of product rollout and coordination with internal teams. Define specifications for data migration from legacy systems into newer applications. Define specifications for data interfaces between applications for product rollouts. Manage user acceptance testing and transfer of information to internal teams. Provide technical support for implemented applications; diagnosing and reporting bugs, applying patches and upgrades as needed. Establish priorities for feasibility studies, systems design and implementation to develop new and/or modify the company*s information processing systems. Coordinate with functional departments involved to collect system specifications, techniques, and controls. Interact with senior management within Product Development, Business organizations and Global IT.
Duties and tasks are standard with some variation. Completes own role largely independently within defined policies and procedures. 2-4 years of related experience in a medium to large network distributed and computing environment. BS or equivalent experience in programming on enterprise or department servers or systems.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Cloud Application Security Engineer
PREFERRED LOCATIONS: Naples, Austin, Burlington, Columbia
NOTE: We are unable to provide visa sponsorship for this role at this time - no candidates requiring visa sponsorship will be considered.
Do you dream in the Clouds? Information Security expert? Are you the "go-to" guy for addressing security vulnerabilities and an all-around script guru? Want to be on the leading edge of Cloud technology? Join the core team in Oracle building the next generation of Cloud environments!
Oracle's Hospitality Global Business Unit is currently seeking top talent to help support standalone hosted and multi-tenant SAAS solutions across global data centers. The HGBU Cloud Enablement team is leading major data center consolidation efforts spanning multiple environments. We are Oracle's premier team for setting up new Cloud environments using the latest components and services in Oracle Cloud technology. We require information security analysts with strong Oracle Middleware experience working as Cloud Application Security Engineers, to join our team and be entrusted with application operations of these global data centers. We work closely with infrastructure teams, cloud delivery managers, development & SRE engineers in applying continuous improvements and meeting deliverables in a fast paced high volume and high velocity environment.
We are on a rapid journey from Enterprise Java to Cloud Native with our premier Hotel Management Suite, Opera Cloud. We pride ourselves on the dependability, legal, financial and security compliance regulations we maintain for our applications. We are looking to add a few Cloud Application Security Engineers to our team to assist in maintaining security and compliance for our Cloud Environments.
* Review results of security audits, monitoring reports and vulnerability testing
* Prioritize and classify findings and create action plans for remediation
* Plan and roll out quarterly Oracle Middleware CPU, Database and OS level updates across lab environments and current customer builds
* Implement JDK patches across environments
* Assist in implementation of new monitoring tools
* Review security reports from existing monitors, classifying severity and working across the team to address findings
* Build and install application platforms and environments as per defined standards.
* Document and share application engineering standards - specifically Hotel applications to ensure standardization and optimization of procedures and processes
* Prepare maintenance run books and validate in test environment as readiness for production implementation
* Roll up your sleeves in troubleshooting and help junior engineers with incident management
* Configure build/automation installation scripts for key Hotel applications and deliver as per project plans (Oracle Enterprise Manager, Chef, etc.)
* Create and contribute to an environment that is geared to innovation, high productivity, high quality and customer service
* Bachelor's degree in a Computer Science or computer related field or equivalent work experience
* 7 years related experience of a best-in-class cloud or hosting organization (preferably Hospitality, Food & Beverage, or eCommerce)
* 4 years related experience working with Information Security in Enterprise Java commercial deployments
* Working understanding and experience with vulnerability and penetration testing
* Have experience with WebLogic Server Administration, managing clusters, patches, SSL certificates and code deployments
* Have experience with DevOps operations
* Have a broad, strong technical knowledge which encompasses Application operations including deployment, Release automation, Platform architecture, Database, Network, Load-balancing / Clustering and Security
* Have detailed knowledge of applications built using some or all of Apache, WebLogic, Java, OBIEE, Fusion Middleware, Oracle database and OAM
* Have strong working knowledge of Information Security best practices and security patch/update processes
* Possess proven track record of operational success in a high traffic environment
* Possess strong results orientation and an ability to take ownership of issues and drive them to completion
* Be a team player going above and beyond in taking additional responsibilities and delivering them
* Ability to succeed through collaboration and working through other internal and external organizations and individuals (a track record of delivering results within a matrix business environment)
* Ability to learn quickly and adjust to changing priorities while maintaining a positive, can-do attitude
* Sets high standards with respect to the treatment of customers and peers
* Preferred - CISSP or other Information Security certification
Oracle is a computer technology corporation developing and marketing computer hardware systems and enterprise software products.