Bridges is expanding, and we are seeking Mid-Level Cloud Administrators for multiple positions to support Department of Defense Analytic Modernization efforts. You will be a vital player on the AMALGAM team to provide technical experience, innovative approaches, communication skills, responsiveness, and integrity in developing systems solutions.
Why Join Bridges?
* We have a small company feel with big company opportunities.
* We solve the Nation's most difficult intelligence challenges by delivering trusted cyber security and shaping big data into confident decisions.
* In today's cyber battleground, our team of elite experts makes Bridges an industry pacesetter and agile innovator that delivers success as a trusted partner.
* Our employees are like family. We focus on maintaining our culture and values of commitment, integrity, respect, and courage.
* We take care of our family with benefits and compensation packages worth bragging about.
* We believe in developing our people, so we pay for your certifications in addition to an annual training stipend. We have a training initiative for ongoing Azure and AWS certifications, and we develop individual, custom training plans.
* Most important, we have fun!
* Augment the existing Operations team for a large analytic cloud repository
* Apply your experience as a system administrator for large Hadoop and Accumulo based clusters
* Apply your strong background in troubleshooting operational system issues as they arise.
* *ACTIVE TS/SCI with POLYGRAPH CLEARANCE*
* At least two (2) years of experience managing and monitoring large Hadoop clusters (>200 nodes)
* At least two (2) years of experience in the implementation and technical support of multi-platform, multi-system networks, including those composed of CISCO and UNIX or LINUX-based hardware platforms, to encompass diagnosing network performance shortcomings and then designing and implementing performance improvements
* At least two (2) years of experience implementing network solutions for complex, high performance systems composed of UNIX or LINUX-based hardware platforms
* At least two (2) years of experience writing software scripts using scripting languages such as Perl, Python, or Ruby for software automation
* Demonstrated the ability to work with OpenSource (NoSQL) products that support highly distributed, massively parallel computation needs such as Hbase, CloudBase/Acumulo, Big Table, etc.
* Demonstrated work experience with the Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS)
* Hadoop/Cloud Developer Certification (or comparable Cloud System/Service Certification - we will accept six (6) months experience administering or implementing Cloud technology as substitution for certification)
Desired Additional Experience (for preferential consideration):
* High - Demonstrated work experience with Hadoop Cloud technology
* High - Experience with Bash, Python, and configuration management tools (i.e. Puppet, Chef)
* High - Experience in the planning, design, development, implementation and technical support of multi-platform, multi-system networks, including those composed of CISCO and UNIX or LINUX-based hardware platforms, to encompass diagnosing network performance shortcomings and designing and implementing performance improvements
* High - Strong LINUX command line level skills
* Demonstrated work experience interfacing with hardware teams
* Demonstrated knowledge of analytical needs and requirements, query syntax, data flows, and traffic manipulation
* Technical experience and knowledge of peer-to-peer distributed storage networks, peer-to-peer routing and application messaging frameworks
* Significant experience provisioning and sustaining network infrastructures and have experience developing, operations, and managing networks required for a secure PKI, IPSEC, or VPN enabled environment
Follow this link for details on our platinum plans https://www.bridges-inc.com/careers/rewards/
Apply for this job
Bridges is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment, and we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, marital status, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy