The Clinical Applications Analyst II provides advanced support of the Epic applications related to the acquisition and use of assigned Clinical and Population health applications /systems modules and toolset such as Healthy Planet. In performing duties and tasks, the incumbent applies specific clinical, population health and/or analytical knowledge, to ensure effective and optimal use of current applications, incorporation of enhancements or process improvements, all in collaboration with senior members of MHS's clinical and population health teams. The Clinical Applications Analysts may participate and occasionally lead any phase of both large and small projects related to population management, accountable care organization (ACO) and direct to employer. Individuals are accountable for the success of assigned tasks, operation of assigned system modules, and user understanding of such applications. The Clinical Applications Analyst also functions as a point of user contact for Information Services and is accountable for specific customer/user satisfaction. The clinical application analysts works closely with business leadership to understand the short and long term business plans, elicit requirements, work with leadership to identify and implement technology solutions to support plans. Individuals within this job classification may also assist with specific Clinical and Population Health Training materials, educating staff, physicians and others as such are related to relevant information systems and services.
* Some understanding of key business applications and related information technologies.
* Two to three years' experience as a programmer/analyst, systems analyst, technical specialist, or equivalent clinical and reporting experience.
* One to three years of population management and/or accountable care organization (ACO) experience preferred.
* Good analytical, logical thinking and problem-solving skills.
* Good communications skills, both verbal and written.
* High energy levels and tolerance of tight deadlines, time pressures, and ambiguity.
* Working knowledge of specific Clinical and Population Health and Reporting applications/modules such as EpicCare Ambulatory and Healthy Planet with applications/modules with "Certification" and/or "Proficiency" status pending as is appropriate to specific vendors such as Epic (ability to attain certification within 6 months of hire if applicable).
* Working knowledge of PCs, collaborative computing tools, re-engineering/process improvement techniques, healthcare information management, general information architectures and technology, systems integration, laws, and regulations relevant to assigned applications
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Information Systems, Healthcare Informatics, and/or licensed healthcare professional desirable.