Summary: The main purpose of this role is support users of IHS Markit Geoscience solutions in Latam with focus on Mexico and Northern part of the region. Customer Solutions Advisor's duties are to provide support to customers after the sale, address their day-to-day issues and increase the customers' knowledge of the products through training and mentoring as well as support sales in pre-sales processes.
General Job Duties:
* Provide training to internal and external customers of Energy Geoscience solutions through Private Training courses at customer sites and Public Training courses in various locations.
* Provide customers with support and Mentoring on Geoscience workflows and and assist them in methods to best utilize the software to suit their needs either remotely or at customer sites.
* Provide responses for technical or information queries and escalations from internal or external customers.
* Integrate software and data to provide complex workflows
* Present the value proposition of Energy Geoscience software solutions.
* If program is not currently designed for desired task, either submit enhancement request on the customers behalf, or explain how they can do so.
* Provide testing and feedback on new releases pertaining to updates and upgrades being released to customers.
* Establish and sustain bi-directional relationship with Product Management and Development team.
* Responsible for development and creation of training materials for G&G software courses; if not developing, responsible to review training material ranging from training resources to course curriculums
* Provide expert advice on pre-sales and post sales process to our IHSM sales colleagues.
Specific Job Duties: - See individual performance objectives for the current year
* Potential trade show participation, create manuals/documentation, onsite customer visits, special projects and creation/generation of white papers.
Required Education: Bachelor's degree in Geoscience, Petroleum Engineering, or Computer Science related position, or equivalent experience.
Required Experience/Industry skills:
* A minimum of 5 years in the Oil and Gas industry.
* A good understanding of the oil and gas life cycle, oil and gas operations and subsurface workflows,
* Experience in Seismic and Geological interpretation tools
* Familiarity with industry competitors and trends - their offerings, strengths and weaknesses is an advantage
* Strong technical support experience is required
* Ability to work in an virtual, unsupervised environment and time-manage to accomplish goals.
* Personality and confidence to build strong relationships at all levels internally and externally and to deliver results.
* Highly articulate - ability to converse and demonstrate coherently the value proposition of well-designed training programs.
Effective communication skills including excellent written and verbal English and Spanish language skills. Portuguese language is an advantage. Able to discuss and explain workflow analysis of supported products/data with clients in a straight forward and organized manner. Professional voice, appearance, and interpersonal skills for dealing with customers. Concise and strong troubleshooting/problem solving skills, able to quickly learn new interfaces. Strong Technical and analytical skills working with network systems. Must have knowledge of Windows operating systems, relational databases, and Internet functionality. Must be able to speak in public, and be proficient/concise when teaching product functionality.
* The position reports to (title only):Manager of Petra Support Organization
* Titles of positions reporting directly to this position: None
* Number of employees supervised: None
Physical Requirements: Indicate any physical requirements, other than normal office activity, which are essential to performing this job
Other Information: Willingness and ability to travel with skills to organize and maintain travel details and expenses.
IHS Markit is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website to apply to a position, please contact email@example.com or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only.
We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit is proud to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment drug testing. As a federal contractor in the United States, IHS Markit is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States. For information regarding legal rights and protections in the United States, please click on the following links:
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.
About IHS Markit
IHS Markit provides critical information, analytics and solutions for various industries and markets that drive economies worldwide.