Duties and Responsibilities:
For smaller middle market policyholders (typically under 200 lives), the CSS will manage:
* Lead the process for new client submissions, implementation, billing set-up and establishing protocols and communication preferences for a successful initial experience with RSL.
* Lead, participate in or support the customer enrollment process, with particular emphasis on employee paid (voluntary) enrollment.
* Client service, support and advocacy with home office functional areas as required (i.e., facilitation of support and/or appropriate triage of inquiries and issues including claims, billing, contracts, technology/web, etc.
* Year-End summary and renewal - coordinate with Sales, the Renewal Specialist, Underwriter and Broker as required to ensure a smooth, successful renewal for assigned cases.
For larger accounts also assigned to a Regional or National Account Manager, the CSS will lead the new case submission process as well as provided limited support (typically PACS updates) to the Account Managers where required.
Additional position responsibilities include:
* Lead the case-submission and setup process for new cases.
* Effectively manage and proactively resolve all in-bound client service issues.
* Work closely with the Claims Department to help proactively assist clients on sensitive or time-sensitive claim issues.
* Work closely with appropriate Sales, RSL and Matrix cross-functional resources to manage and ensure smooth and effective new client installations.
* Actively learn and become proficient in the different computer systems and company extranet to assist clients.
* Process policy amendments in our PACS system on a timely and accurate basis.
* Coordinate the mailing of all booklets and updated Contracts.
* Produce and monitor regular control reports, tracking the flow of new business and amendments to and from the Home Office and onto the Policyholder.
Education, Qualifications and Experience:
* Minimum of three (3) years of group insurance experience in an identical or similar position. Preferable additional work history would include positions requiring a bias towards providing superior client service and satisfaction.
* Bachelor's Degree strongly preferred.
* Proven ability to multi-task, deliver superior customer service, deal with tight deadlines and demonstrate superior analytical and problem solving skills.
* Group Life and Health License(s) preferred.
* AHIP, LOMA, or CEBS preferred.
* Excellent written/verbal communication and customer diplomacy skills.
* Expertise in using basic Microsoft Office applications, including PowerPoint, Excel and Word.
* Ability to become proficient on all RSL relevant internal RSL applications (PACS, STACS, Datamart, etc.)
* Ability to travel as required to achieve the position's goals and objectives.
Reliance Standard Insurance Company is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal state or local laws.