Clearable Software Engineers, Linux/IT Systems Administrators, Data Science/Data Analytics, Cyber Engineers!
Praxis Engineering is seeking to clear highly talented engineers! Do you have a talent for all things technology and would like to put that technical talent to use for a company where you can truly make a difference? At Praxis Engineering, we offer exciting career opportunities for people who want to be a part of something bigger!
Clearance: None required; ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret SCI clearance with Polygraph desired
Who are we looking for?
* Software Engineers (All Kinds! - Database, Applications, Software)
* 2-10yrs of development
* Java, C,C++, etc
* Visual Basic
* Test and Evaluation
* Systems Administrators
* 2-10yrs of Linux systems
* Red Hat Clustering
* Enterprise Service - LDAP, DNS
* Create, debug, enhance scripts (e.g bash, csh, Perl, Ruby, python, etc)
* Knowledge of switching, routing, IP addressing, networks
* Source code control systems, both use and administration (cvs, subversion, git)
* Data Science/Data Analytics
* 2-10yrs of data science, data analytics, data modeling
* Statistics, Data Modeling
* R, Python experience
* Embedded Cyber Software Engineers/Cyber Security Engineers
* 2-10yrs of Python, C, C++ embedded programming, cyber security engineering
* Socket programming
* Linux, Windows, Android, iOS System APIs and/or network devices
* Source code control tool and their usage
* Advanced software debugging
What it takes:
* A 'be the best of the best' attitude
* Hunger to be at the leading edge of your field
* Strong work ethic
* Ability to work effectively in individual and team environments
* Intellectual curiosity along with an analytical mind
* willingness to work towards the betterment of your countrymen
* desire to be the 1stline of defense to protect your nation
* passion to protect and serve
Education and Training:
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related engineering degrees is preferred
Who are we?
Praxis Engineering* was founded in 2002 and is headquartered in Annapolis Junction MD - with growing offices in Chantilly VA and Aberdeen MD.
Praxis Engineering is a consulting, product, and solutions firm dedicated to the practical application of software and system engineering technologies to solve complex problems.
With over 350 employees supporting more than 50 contracts, Praxis brings together world class engineers with proven engineering best practices, domain expertise, commercial technologies and proven agile management approaches to create high value solutions aimed at helping our customers meet their most critical business and mission objectives.
* Praxis Engineering is a wholly owned subsidiary of General Dynamics IT.
We are focused on continual learning and evolution. We don't do things because "that's the way we've always done things"; we listen to our employees and adapt to the changing marketplace. We look at the big picture and encourage our engineers to get training and certifications in emerging technologies that will help shape our customer's mission. We've been profitable year after year. We're always on the lookout for great engineers to join the team and we recognize that our employees are the heart and soul of what we do. We focus on recruiting talented people, treating them right, and then allowing them to do what they do best. No red tape. No micromanagement. Smart people want to work with smart people, and we love people who are passionate about what they do, and finding ways to do it better.
And then there is the...
* Competitive salary
* Office perks such as free soft drinks and snacks (both healthy and not-so-healthy)
* Praxis swag (annual gift certificate to purchase top brand Praxis apparel)
* Comprehensive health insurance plan
* 401(k) retirement plan with company paid contribution (amount equivalent to 7% of your salary)
* Annual bonus plan
* Four weeks Paid Time Off + 10 holidays + comp time eligibility
* Training is a priority! Take advantage of our endless in-house training opportunities - or seek out vendor offered (paid) training opportunities like conferences, certification courses and seminars.
* Conferences (recently attended by Praxis employees): AWS Summit, IoT World, Black Hat and DefCon.
* Training & Certifications: Splunk, AWS, Big Data/Cloudera, VMWare, Scrum Master...the list of certifications goes on and on!
* Praxis University: Cyber Research, Data Analytics, IoT, AWS and RedHat course offerings and hands-on training.
* We truly believe the right work-life balance can exist, and it's here at Praxis. Our work is extremely important, but your job is just a part of who you are. When you enjoy your life outside of our walls, you're at your best the next time you walk through our doors. We do all we can to assure that happens every day.
Praxis Engineering provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, or any other protected class.