Classroom Services Technician 1
FLSA Status: Nonexempt
Months Per Year: 12
Hours Per Week: 37.5
Seattle University is recruiting a Classroom Services Technician to provide technical support to faculty, staff, students, and event operators using computer systems, A/V and other media equipment.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
* Analyze, troubleshoot, and resolve support issues related to classroom, desktop, or laptop hardware or software, network services, remote access, software applications, etc.
* Effectively assess customer needs and either resolve or escalate to the appropriate team.
* Meet university business requirements and tackle complex analysis and design efforts.
WHO YOU ARE:
* Committed to Diversity and Inclusion. You are deliberately inclusive in your actions and value diversity in your team.
* Motivated. You are energized by the success of customers, colleagues, and the community.
* Curious. You seek ways to improve and learn.
* Humble. You seek to cultivate humility and empathy, respecting and learning from the perspectives of others.
WE WANT YOU TO:
Share our values: Seattle University employees embody our Mission and Values in our work and everything we do. We are dedicated to educating the whole person, to professional formation, and to empowering leaders for a just and humane world.
Make an impact: At one of the most diverse college campuses in the northwest, Seattle University students have a unique opportunity to explore and understand the world around them. Our students push themselves to expand their views in order to discover and fortify their own path in life. Join our team to help us make a lasting impact on our students that will last long after they've left our campus.
Learn and grow: With our mission to educate the whole person, IT Services supports professional development for all our team members. SeattleU also offers a generous tuition benefit program. Come and grow with us.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
* Ability to deal directly with clients of all technical backgrounds and professional levels.
* Proficiency in supporting A/V equipment and PC/Mac computing environments and applications.
* Demonstrated customer service orientation and have the ability to organize, analyze, prioritize, and problem-solve within a fast-paced environment.
* Advanced analytical and technical problem-solving skills.
* Experience using and supporting a service management system to process and prioritize work assignments.
* Dedication to keeping commitments with clients.
Benefits at a Glance
Consistent with its fundamental Jesuits value, Seattle University offers a wide range of benefits designed to care for the whole person. Choose from three different medical plans, a dental and vision insurance programs. Protect your income with life, short & long-term disability coverage, and plan for your future with a generous 10% employer contribution for retirement benefits. You may also take advantage of 100% tuition remission benefits for the employee and dependents, a subsidized transportation benefit, a wellness program with an onsite fitness facility, and a wide variety of campus events. Enjoy a generous holiday schedule, including a paid Christmas break closure, vacation and paid sick leave, and paid community service leave. For more information explore the Benefits website at: https://www.seattleu.edu/hr/benefits/
Applicants are also strongly encouraged to attach an electronic cover letter and resume when applying. Persons who need assistance with the recruitment process may contact the Office of Human Resources at: 206-296-5870. Job postings are open until filled, unless otherwise specified.