What Your Job Will Be Like
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to serve as a Classification Analyst in support of classification activities at Sandia National Laboratories (SNL) in Livermore, CA.
On any given day you may be called upon to:
* Review information assets (documents and material) to prevent inadvertent release of information.
* Consult with line organizations in the role of program subject matter expert on classification issues in subject areas associated with classified and unclassified controlled information and make derivative classification determinations.
* Develop new and update existing classification guidance.
* Coordinate with the DOE/NNSA classification communities and other federal agencies as necessary.
* Develop subject area classification training for laboratory management and staff on classification basics.
Qualifications We Require
* Bachelor Degree plus 3 years of relevant experience
Qualifications We Desire
* Active DOE Q-clearance or Top Secret security clearance.
* Ability to perform independent technical analysis, providing technical consultation to staff, management or customers.
* Experience performing work in a rigorous regulatory environment including interpreting regulations.
* Experience as a Derivative Classifier or Derivative Declassifier.
* Experience working with or in the DOE Defense Programs or DoD communities.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills as well as interpersonal skills with proven ability to work effectively as a team member.
* Strong customer focus and the ability to work with a diverse customer base.
* Demonstrated ability to organize, prioritize and follow through to completion on multiple tasks while managing frequent interruptions and competing priorities.
About Our Team
The Security Programs and Planning organization is a team of security professionals who implement effective and efficient security services and solutions. Our organization has responsibility for Classification, Classified Matter Protection and Control, Personnel Security, and the Security Incident Management Program, and Deployed Security Programs.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation's premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
* Challenging work with amazing impact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
* Extraordinary co-workers
* Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
* Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
* Flexible schedules, generous vacations, strong medical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
* These benefits vary by job classification.
Position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level security clearance.
Sandia is required by DOE to conduct a pre-employment drug test and background review that includes checks of personal references, credit, law enforcement records, and employment/education verifications. Applicants for employment must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold more than one citizenship (i.e., of the U.S. and another country), your ability to obtain a security clearance may be impacted.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by DOE, resulting in the inability to perform the duties assigned and subsequent termination of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.