Cisco Security Delivery Consultant
Let's drive the benefits of the Security & Datacenter technologies
As the Cisco Security Delivery Consultant, you will provide technical delivery, implementation, and support services to datacenter clients.
This role will include a variety of areas of focus that are exciting and can include Cisco Nexus, UCS, firewalls, and wireless technologies.
As our Cisco Security Delivery Consultant, you'll drive:
* Deliver complete technical project solutions for clients in different areas of expertise
* Assist in Professional Services engagements in areas of product focus
* Develop relationship with clients, sales teams, and technical peers in order to ensure improved collaboration and satisfaction in support
* You may be involved in and support pre-sales activities such as supporting requirements gathering, assisting with technical design, and reviewing SOWs
* Assist in scoping and project planning for complex professional services projects
* Deliver high quality integration services to clients' IT environments in consultant capacity
* Review clients' existing configurations and day-to-day operations
* Make recommendations to improve system performance and operational efficiency including automation, where possible
* Ensure clients are satisfied with quality, timeliness, and efficiency of professional services received
* Build trust and relationships with clients and ensure favorable post-engagement survey results
As our ideal candidate you'll also have:
1. Technical Skills
* Strong knowledge with implementation experience of Cisco datacenter and security solutions such as ASA, Firepower, ISE, Nexus, and UCS
* Ability to design and implement single site Cisco datacenter solutions
* Ability to design and implement multi-site and HA Cisco datacenter solutions with minimal assistance from a Senior SE
* Strong understanding of technology components - client, storage, compute, virtualization
* Strong networking skills - SMTP, DNS, Firewall, TCP/IP
* Strong understanding of Cisco and Meraki wireless solutions
* Technical scripting knowledge to complement project delivery
* Attainment of CCNP Data Center
* Knowledge with implementation experience of VMware vSphere and vCenter is desirable
2. Personal Skills
* Strong written communication skills in terms of documentation and recommendations for clients by utilizing Softchoice standard templates and documents
* Demonstrated ability to manage client situations with empathy and ownership
* Must be able to identify opportunities with clients in core technical skillset
* Excellent time management skills with the ability to be engaged in multiple simultaneous engagements
3. Experience and Education
* Post-Secondary Degree in relevant field or equivalent experience
* A minimum of two years in a technical implementation role with a proven track record in technology consulting or solutions delivery
* Experience working in team-oriented, collaborative environment
How Do We Hire Great People?
We believe in matching the right people for the right role. Once you've applied for a position, our team of Talent Advisors will review your resume and application against all open roles at Softchoice. We also keep in mind any future or upcoming roles you may be a fit for. As part of our selection, onboarding and development process, we utilize tools to help us better match candidates with our roles.
Applying for a role at Softchoice is not complete until you have completed both the formal online application and the Predictive Index tool (PI). Completing the PI tool will take no more than 10 minutes of your time.
If we see a match with your skills and our open roles, we will reach out to you to schedule time to talk so that we can learn more about you and you can learn about us. Only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted directly. However, we will retain your application on file and would be pleased to contact you if further opportunities arise.
Need more convincing this is the right next step in your career? Here are the reasons why folks love working here!
* Softchoice has been recognized as a Best Workplace in Canada by the Great Place to Work Institute for 13 consecutive years
* Softchoice certified as a Great Place to Work in the United States (2016)
* Meaningful work that drives professional development
* Ability to enter and grow within the technology industry
* Being part of a winning, high performance team
* Every employee gets two paid volunteer days per year
* We serve large and mid-sized clients from a variety of industries
* We've raised over $2 Million through our staff-run charity Softchoice Cares
* 1 in 5 employees have invested in an ownership position in Softchoice
Softchoice is one of the largest IT solutions and Managed Services providers in North America! We are an influential, growth-oriented organization determined to enable our people, our clients, our partners and the communities we serve to realize their potential. Our unique culture fosters a friendly, open-minded workplace where employees are encouraged to bring their whole selves to work. As a member of a dynamic, high-performing team, each Softchoice employee is hungry to learn, valued for their contribution, and approaches each day excited to make an impact.
We would like to thank you personally for applying to Softchoice.
Please note that we will review your application and only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted directly. However, we will retain your application on file and would be pleased to contact you if further opportunities arise. Again, thank you for your interest in a career at Softchoice!
* Note: Completion of a satisfactory criminal record check, education verification and reference checks are required prior to employment.
* Softchoice is proud to provide employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodations, please let us know in your application or reach out to email@example.com and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
Softchoice Corporation provides software and hardware products to clients, partners and the communities.