This is a Network Engineering position within the Vanguard LAN/WAN Services (LWS) Division supporting the Department of State in Springfield, VA.
The qualified candidate will possess and apply intermediary knowledge regarding the maintenance, operation, and implementation of network transport solutions. The candidate must be capable of configuring, testing, implementing, and maintaining networking (LAN/WAN) technologies and devices. The candidate must have strong, demonstrated experience working with network monitoring tools. The candidate must also have experience working with Cisco Unified Communications Manager. The candidate must be capable of evaluating performance results, performing risk assessments, and recommending changes affecting network transport configuration/implementation. The position directly supports DoS on-site to provide network engineering services to over 100,000 customers globally.
* Works directly with the DoS customer to build, maintain, test and deploy enterprise network transport solutions utilizing Cisco routers/switches.
* Develop and deploy wireless LAN solutions in compliance with Enterprise Architecture standards.
* Participate in peer review of network configuration change requests prior to deployment.
* Implementation of configuration changes.
* Tier II/Tier III Support and Maintenance activities.
* Service Requests: monitor, resolve, update and close service request tickets.
* Documenting network infrastructure components, drawings.
* Assist in developing and documenting procedures and processes.
TYPICAL EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Bachelors degree with 7 - 9+ years experience. Additional experience in lieu of degree will be considered.
* Understanding and analysis of network flows and OSI model
* Experience implementing medium to large network solutions
* Experience with Cisco network platforms: firewalls, routers, switches, wireless controllers and wireless access points
* Experience with Cisco Unified Communications Manager
* Experience working with Cisco Prime to manage network endpoints
* Experience with Cisco network tools; scripting and generating custom reports
* Knowledge of TCP/IP networking - switching and routing
* Bachelor degree in a computer science/computer engineering related discipline or relevant experience
* 7+ years IT security/network engineering support experience (O&M, Tier II, Tier III, network infrastructure implementation and maintenance)
* Experience working directly with Government customer
* Technical writing and documentation/diagram skills (MS Visio/MS Word/MS Excel)
* Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess a US "TOP SECRET" security clearance, Secret clearance with upgrade to Top Secret is acceptable.
* Cisco Certified Network Associate - CCNA
* Experience with Cisco Next-Generation Firewalls
* Experience with network management tools (Cisco Prime/ISE)
Clearance Requirement: TOP SECRET (Minimum SECRET to start and eligible for TS)
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability