What you'll be doing...
The Cisco Enterprise Voice Architect will be responsible for best-in-class design, upgrades, and changes to a global enterprise voice architecture that will include CUCM, Cisco IPT, MIPPBX, Redsky, ISI and Nextplane platforms. The Enterprise Architect will provide in-depth UC subject matter expertise and guidance to executive management as well as other stakeholders responsible for the positioning, planning, and delivery of UC services. The Enterprise Architect will work with the customer and Verizon key personnel to ensure that all parties understand the technical implications of changes in the solution. You will work with the customer, Verizon and third party vendors to ensure that customer technical teams are current with product roadmaps, software and hardware updates / upgrades across the platform and be able to assess potential implications of an update or upgrade as it relates to the overall architecture to all technical teams involved. You will be responsible for complex engineering design and changes within a global enterprise network. You will work closely with external customer engineering and operations teams, Verizon engineering teams, project management, and professional services to ensure we are meeting the customer's requirements. In addition, you will provide technological vision and strategy for network transformation, serve as the engineering team lead and ensure information is flowing to engineering resources assigned to project. This position will be located on site at an office very near to the Dallas/Ft.Worth airport.
* Design and deploy state-of-art technology to meet the customer's business needs, which will include Verizon's UCCaaS, IP Trunking, Managed Network Services, and Private IP circuits
* UCCaaS design (and update) documentation
* Assist in design and implementation rollouts for lab, pilot, and production-related cutovers which include:
* Providing input to Technical Implementation/Roll out plans
* Providing input to Technical UC Process and Procedure/Work plans
* Providing in Weekly Reviews on Project status with Transition Lead
* Annual reports on active hosts for Cisco
* Provide product Roadmap and Feature updates as needed
* Act as SPOC for all Verizon technical teams
* Provide input for forecast and plan resource allocation
* Act as the direct interface to customers on advanced design solutions
* Work on complex problems and design challenges where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors
* Micro level technical project management for engineering requirements and responsibilities
* Interface to the project management team regarding technical planning and network issues
* Develop white papers for designs specific to the customer's network inclusive of Verizon Business solutions
What we're looking for...
You Must Have:
* Bachelor's Degree or 6 or more years of experience as an architect specializing in Cisco Unified Communication Manager and collaboration tools
* Experience designing and implementing Cisco VOIP Networks, Internet Protocol (IP) Private Branch Exchange (PBX), and Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) on an enterprise level
* Experience designing complex Voice over IP (VoIP) call control, call routing, and applications
* Must have architecture and design experience two or more of the following:
* Cisco Unified Communications Manager version 11.5
* Cisco Unity Connection version 11.5
* CUCM IM & Presence version 11.5
* CUCM Session Management Edition ver 11.5
* ISI Call Detail analysis software
* ISI IM recording service
* Redsky Emergency Call routing
* Nextplane IM Federation service
* Experience designing, configuring, implementing & testing, troubleshooting and supporting multi-site critical network environments that consist of Routers, Switches, Wireless LAN, WAN Accelerator, VoIP, Firewall & Network Security
* Hands-on experience designing and configuring various routing protocols such as BGP, OSPF, IS-IS, EIGRP IGRP, HSRP, RIPv1 & RIPv2
* Hands on experience with complex QoS and VLAN configurations and designs
* Must be able to workon site at an office very near to the Dallas/Ft.Worth airport
Even better if you also have:
* Cisco Expert Level Certification: CCIE Collaboration, CCDE, CCAr
* Cisco Professional Level Certification: CCNP, CCNP Collaboration
* ITILv3 Certification
* Strong customer interfacing background, as well as superior oral and written communication skills
* In depth knowledge of all routing protocols (For example : BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, GLBP, VRF), Traffic engineering, L2/L3 VPN, multicast & class of service
* Strong understanding and familiarity with router, LAN switch, application accelerator, wireless controller and IP Voice
* Ability to define UC processes and UC best practices of Verizon's UCCaaS delivery and Cisco's best practices relating to VoIP
* Disciplined and oriented in practice of and adherence to process and procedures
* Ability to research technical issues and develop solutions
* Ability to summarize technical concepts and communicate to senior-level management
* Ability to work effectively with and provide guidance to other members of the work group
* Problem solving skills including conceptual and analytical thinking
* Strong attention to detail with good organizational skills
* Excellent written and verbal skills
* Achievement orientated and possess
* Ability to exercise judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.