CIB - Markets Production Management - Application Support Engineer
Req #: 190053275
Location: New York, NY, US
Job Category: Technology
Working in Application Support means you'll use both creative and critical thinking skills to maintain application systems that are crucial to the daily operations of the firm. You'll work collaboratively in teams on a wide range of projects based on your primary area of focus: design or programming. While learning to fix application and data issues as they arise, you'll also gain exposure to software development, testing, deployment, maintenance and improvement, in addition to production lifecycle methodologies and risk guidelines. Finally, you'll have the opportunity to develop professionally -and to grow your career in any direction you choose.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent
* Basic Knowledge of application development
* Working knowledge in one or more general purpose programming languages, plus an interest in learning other coding languages and skills as needed.
* Working knowledge of development toolset to design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software.
* Ability to work collaboratively in team and develop meaningful relationships to achieve common goals
* 3+ years in an applications support or applications development role preferred
* Strong applications support background
* Proficiency in understanding UNIX and Wintel-based applications and infrastructure
* Experience working with relational databases such as Oracle, Sybase and MS SQL Server
* Understanding of the Java/J2EE technology stack and web technologies
* Incident management skills and experience
* Experience designing and implementing proactive systems monitoring and health checks
Unix/Linux Shell Scripting, Python, SQL, Autosys, Control
* Familiarity with SDLC life cycle and change management process
* Good communication skills and being a good team player is a must
* Applications Development experience is a plus
* Understanding of Securitized Products , Home Lending and related technologies is a plus
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world's important corporations, governments and institutions. You'll develop solutions for a bank entrusted with holding $18 trillion of assets and $393 billion in deposits. CIB provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk, and extends liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
@2019 JPMorgan Chase & Co. JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran
About Jpmorgan Chase & Co.
JP Morgan Chase is a financial services provider that offers investment banking, asset management, treasury, and other services.