JP Morgan Chase
CIB data+design - Data Visualization & Interaction Associate
Req #: 190053988
Location: New York, NY, US
Job Category: Data & Analytics
J.P. Morgan offers a broad range of financial services. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, we are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems and working together to empower people, small businesses, corporations and governments in more than 100 countries. This role is in the wholesale payments business which includes treasury services, merchant acquiring, commercial card and trade finance, together driving $11bn in yearly revenue and processing $6 trillion in payments daily.
The data and design (d+d) team in JP Morgan is a rapidly growing team responsible for transforming the way we and our clients do business - balancing the art of decision making with science. We are data scientists and engineers, design strategists and product managers. We model our payment network which represents 20% of global US$ flow, to derive insights and create new revenue generating data products. We work with our clients as well as our product, sales, service and operations teams.
We need influencers who can support our clients and internal teams with insights surfaced from our data. If you like breaking down needs in creative ways, uncovering analytical insights and visualizing them in powerful ways then the data+design team would like to speak with you. We are looking for a Data Visualization and Interaction Associate who can leverage data, design and modern front-end technologies to help users change the way they make decisions.
What you'll do:
* Design and develop (in partnership with engineers, data scientists and product managers) interactive products that combine the power of human expertise and data science
* Conduct user research (including developing hypotheses), identify user needs, distill findings into data visualization solutions
* Develop high level and/or detailed storyboards, mockups, and prototypes
* Quantitative background (BA/BS in Math, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, Physics) with extensive experience in design and visualization,
alternatively BA/BS in a Design (interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial) or HCI with an extensive experience of working with data and analytical problems
* 2+ years of hands-on experience in a data visualization role
* Experience using analytics tools and libraries for interactive data visualizations in browsers (e.g. Tableau, D3.js)
* Strong portfolio of data visualization-focused projects for web and mobile applications
Who you are:
* Hybrid at your core - You combine deep data insight with storytelling and visualization skills marrying that with a user experience background. This is an incredible opportunity for hybrid thinkers that love to learn and synthesize in a high-performing culture.
* Quantitative by nature - Demonstrated ability to conduct complex substantive analysis on large data sets to transform them into simple visuals and dashboards for analytical and non-analytical audiences.
* Influence and communication mastery - Ability to communicate with high level stakeholders. Highly articulate, built upon an underlying fundamental clarity of thought. Outstanding presentation skills, including presenting technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
* Cognitive Skill - Ability to root out fundamental issues, bring order from chaos, synthesize elegant conceptual frameworks, and drive to clear decisions. Superb at problem structuring, integrating thinking, problem solving towards practical business insight
* Aesthetic sense - excellent taste, ability to critically reflect on the quality of design work and explain design decisions. Relentless desire to balance functionality and beauty
About JP Morgan Chase
JP Morgan Chase & Co. is a global financial services provider that offers investment banking, asset management, treasury and other services.