JP Morgan has a long history of recruiting and developing quantitative professionals and is a leader in applying AI and Machine Learning tools to support its clients and businesses. The goal of JP Morgan AI Research is to explore and advance cutting-edge research in the fields of AI and Machine Learning, as well as related fields like Cryptography, to develop solutions that are most impactful to JP Morgan's clients and businesses.
The team is headquartered in New York and present in key hubs around the world. It maintains partnerships with leading academic and research institutions around the world and works with them on areas of mutual interest.
Research Leads will work with Research Directors and Research Engineers and conduct primary end-to-end research typically within a specialized focus area. They might work on multiple research initiatives and projects both internally at JP Morgan and in collaboration with external researchers such as universities. They are expected to write code, build prototypes and models, run experiments & synthesize results. They will also work with the firm's engineering & data teams to develop the hardware and data infrastructure for research work.
* Master's or advanced (PhD) degree in computer science, mathematics, statistics, or science & engineering
* Programming skills (e.g., Python, C++ or Java)
* Experience with ML platforms such as Tensorflow, PyTorch etc. a bonus
* Experience in conducting original research at relevant academic, industry or government research institution
* Publication at prominent conferences or journals
* Experience with hands-on projects, designing experiments and implementing prototypes and proofs-of-concept
* Curiosity and creativity
* Effective communication skills
* Demonstrable ability to work in multi-disciplinary teams
* Collaborative mindset and working style
About JP Morgan Chase
JP Morgan Chase & Co. is a global financial services provider that offers investment banking, asset management, treasury and other services.