How do you protect against those with bad intentions? You create innovative technical processing solutions and collaborate with some of the finest talent in the IT field. Whether you're an Information Systems Technologist or an Encryption Strategy Expert, at Raytheon you'll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you'll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life balance. If you're ready to take on today's big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon.
* America's Best Large Employers by Forbes
* Career & Development Opportunities
* Entry, Mid, Senior
Back to Job Navigation (Overview)
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services (IIS) is seeking a Chief Engineer (CE) to support a campaign of new and existing programs as well as customer shaping and pursuits for next generation Command and Control mission planning systems integrating COTS and custom software. Our customers are quickly transitioning to a 'commercial - like' procurement and development model. We are seeking someone who can quickly adapt and technically manage accordingly.
The Chief Engineer is responsible for meeting all technical requirements on the program or pursuit and is responsible for the overall technical integrity of the program. The CE will participate in the pursuit, development, prototype, and support of the program life cycle by providing technical leadership across the development team. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Establish customer needs and develop them into Business/Technical Requirements and establish scope and schedule parameters to execute projects
* Responsible for overall Engineering execution, having decision authority over the technical baseline
* Understand the impact of technical decisions on the overall budget and schedule for the Engineering tasks
* Ensure application of Technical Performance Measures (TPMs) across the program as a means for measuring technical progress and assessing risk
* Support Engineering Bid Reviews (EBRs) and Engineering Program Reviews (EPRs)
* Transition projects from proposal to execution, driving development of the execution baseline, engineering metrics, and required staffing and skills
* Ensure staffing forecasts are accurate and up to date, and work with Engineering discipline organizations to ensure appropriate staffing is assigned - local, distributed and/or suppliers
* Leverage the enterprise to reduce key risks and realize opportunities
* Ensure effective Engineering management of suppliers - including SOWs, requirements specs, and process compliance
* Provide cross-IPT technical leadership and coordination
* Provide leadership and support to enterprise system demonstrations with both internal and external mission partners
* Participate in program readiness and design reviews
* Attend technical interchange meetings and represent the organization in matters pertaining to the project
* Able to travel domestically and internationally
Raytheon is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status, or any other protected factor.
* Must be a U.S. Citizen
* Must have active DoD Secret Security clearance, and be eligible for TS/SCI
* Must hold a current US passport
* Minimum of ten (10) years' experience in multidiscipline programs requiring systems engineering and architecture of large scale, software intensive systems
* Experience with mission planning and mission management systems for military aircraft
* Experience delivering software systems using agile development techniques and methodologies
* Experience with maintenance and sustainment activities
* Experience establishing and maintaining working relationship with all levels of the organization, including customers, users, and other peer groups
* Working knowledge of multiple engineering disciplines and Earned Value Management System (EVMS)
* Skills and experience as a Program Engineer or as an Integrated Product Team (IPT) Lead
* Senior level communication/presentation skills and strong customer relations skills
* Experience in proposal development and writing white papers
* Experience conducting system engineering, analytical, and trade study activities using structured techniques
* Understanding and experience with implementation of cyber security controls and impact to the system architecture
* Experience at technical interchange meetings with the team members and other program personnel, and representing the organization in technical matters
* Experience negotiating scope with customers, partners, and subcontractors
* Experience with international programs
* Experience in risk and opportunity analysis, tracking and mitigation
* Human Machine Interface (HMI) Intuitive Interfaces
* Machine to Machine learning
B.S. in Aerospace Engineering, Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Math or a Science with 10 years of related work experience; Master's with a 8 years of functional area experience.
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization. 143800
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation and training solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.2 billion in 2018 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Secret - Current
Computer/Management Information Systems
Information and Knowledge Systems
Type Of Job
VA - Dulles
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.