Every day at Perspecta, we enable hundreds of thousands of people to take on our nation's most important work.
We're a company founded on a diverse set of capabilities and skills, bound together by a single promise: we never stop solving our nation's most complex challenges. Our team of engineers, analysts, developers, investigators, integrators and architects work tirelessly to create innovative solutions. We continually push ourselves-to respond, to adapt, to go further. To look ahead to the changing landscape and develop new and innovative ways to serve our customers.
Perspecta works with U.S. government customers in defense, intelligence, civilian, health care, and state and local markets. Our high-caliber employees are rewarded in many ways-not only through competitive salaries and benefits packages, but the opportunity to create a meaningful impact in jobs and on projects that matter.
Perspecta's talented and robust workforce-14,000 strong-stands ready to welcome you to the team. Let's make an impact together.
Perspecta has an immediate need for Chief Data Scientist in the VA or MD area.
The Chief Data Scientist will lead the conceptualization, execution, and delivery of analyses in health data collection, informatics, comparative effectiveness, performance measure development and testing, outcomes research, predictive analytics, and epidemiology, as well as qualitative and strategy-based work for our clients.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
* Lend deep subject matter expertise and technical skills to healthcare analytics engagements spanning health economics and outcomes research, policy, predictive analytics and machine learning, epidemiology, and market analytics
* Lead strategic research and development (R&D) efforts in machine learning and improving the efficiency of health surveys
* Lead the direction and conceptualization of proposals, statements of work, budgets, and statistical analysis plans
* Develop and author study reports, scientific publications, conference abstracts and posters
* Work with Perspecta Health leadership team to identify areas for delivering innovation to clients
MA/MS or PhD in Computer Science, health policy, health services research, public health, epidemiology, statistics or related discipline
10+ years consulting, healthcare, pharmaceutical/device industry, or health insurance industry experience
Broad technical knowledge of health economics, outcomes research, machine learning, and predictive analytic designs
Proficiency in design and execution of economic modeling studies, predictive analytics studies, and/or observational research using large administrative pharmacy and medical claims/EMR, public and private databases
Advanced knowledge of advanced statistical techniques
Experience presenting research at scientific conferences and/or a record of peer-reviewed publications
Client/customer facing experience
Additional Skills and Competencies:
Excellent writing, project management, communication, and presentation skills
Demonstrated problem solving, analytical reasoning and decision-making skills and strong commitment to meeting goals and deadlines
Positive, flexible and self-motivated attitude, with excellent teamwork skills and ability to work in a multi-disciplinary environment