Every day, Imagine Communications is delivering billions of media moments all over the world - anywhere, anytime and on any device. Imagine Communications delivers innovative, end-to-end media software and networking solutions to over 3,000 customers in more than 185 countries, including the top broadcast facilities and the most technologically advanced sports and live-event venues. Imagine's Ad Tech solutions are helping customers optimize inventory and pricing while providing enhanced monetization through targeted delivery. The Targeted Delivery portfolio includes software solutions and cloud services for Dynamic Ad Insertion as well as targeting and distribution of content for OTT, cable and broadcast customers.
The Chief Architect for the Targeted Delivery product line is responsible for setting the technical direction of the Targeted Delivery product portfolio and understanding how the products, solutions and services will meet the needs of the customer via technology, architecture, and environment decisions. They will be an architect, a thinker, a researcher, and subject matter expert internally as well as externally. This individual will participate in shaping the vision of Targeted Delivery and translate that vision into actionable directions and designs for the product teams.
Specific duties include but are not limited to:
* Oversee the design, architectural elements/decisions, and environmental solutions to meet business unit requirements and product development roadmap strategy.
* Lead research efforts for new architectural innovations, frameworks, and techniques with close collaboration with Product Management to optimally support and align with sales & marketing efforts.
* Maintain in-depth knowledge of strategic business plans; develop and maintain current and future state business architecture.
* Deliver architectural initiatives that drive revenue and improve efficiency in line with business strategy
* Maintain in-depth knowledge of the organization's technologies and architectures. Develop and maintain current and planned state architectural blueprints. Develop and maintain an aspirational architectural road map for the portfolio
* Serve as primary visionary for the development and deployment of software solutions that are secure, scalable, extensible and maintainable.
* Provide architectural direction to Software Architects, Product Management and Solution Architects
* Collaborate with Director of PLM, Director of R&D and Commercial GM to create a multi-year product evolution/delivery roadmap.
* Function as technology evangelist and subject matter expert for Targeted Delivery, conveying our value propositions to prospects, customers and industry leaders; support the sales organization with identifying and developing sales opportunities.
* Responsible for the development of prototype SW modules with current development staff and existing R&D organizations.
* Mentor technical management and staff to ensure continual professional growth and improvement and ensure that technical development resources support the technology vision of the company.
* Work with the PLM/business leaders to link market opportunities and industry trends to specific development efforts.
* Monitor technology, industry market trends, and competitors and providing intelligence on the competitive landscape and key trends occurring in the industry.
* Monitor industry standards and standards bodies, such as SCTE, MPEG and IAB.
* Successful track record of developing new products, leading technology transformations, and moving markets/clients to new initiatives.
* Must have experience managing or technically leading in software and cloud environments across broad technology and architectural structures in a privately held organization that services global customers in the television technology industry.
* Solid foundation in computer science with in-depth understanding of system architecture, object-oriented design, concurrent programming, inter-process communication, operating systems and network fundamentals
* Experience with MPEG video and Adaptive Bitrate (ABR) video streaming, specifically DASH and HLS, as well as related ad insertion techniques and technologies
* Experience in Agile development environments.
* Experience with distributed systems at large scale, HA solutions.
* Experience with public clouds, specifically Amazon AWS and Microsoft Azure.
* Strong bias for action and results orientation; Ability to handle multiple complex projects and drive to the desired results.
* Effective leadership skills.
* Effective oral and written communication skills, including executive presentation capabilities.
* Willingness to learn new tools, languages, and processes. Adjust to changing priorities and assignments.
* Experience with Linux (CentOS).
* Experience with Networking protocols (TCP/IP, UDP, SSH).
Years of Experience: 10+ years of direct software development experience; 5+ yrs of technology leadership experience
Educational Requirements: Bachelors degree in software development or related field
Travel Requirements: 25-35% domestic and international travel
Equal Opportunity Employer: M/F/D/V
About Imagine Communications
Imagine Communications provides digital video processing and edge multiplexing solutions.