CHB IT Project Manager
NJLocalFinance/AccountingRef.: ML-216618Maersk has a great opportunity for a CHB IT Project Manager for our Customs House Brokerage team. This role directly supports to the Head of CHB IT. This role will manage all major CHB IT projects. This includes, but is not limited to customer implementations and integrations, strategic improvement projects, tactical improvement projects, and internal system integrations. This role will indirectly manage CHB IT developers and business analysts.
This position will be based Remotely.
We OfferWe offer you an exciting global career at the forefront of world trade.
Working with the best people in a global team culture with future growth opportunities in an industry that has a significant impact on the world economy.
We're proud of our people who define our company's industry leadership, global team culture and customer-centric focus every day.
When you join our team you join a truly diverse, global organization in a fast-moving, values-based, work environment where you can grow on the job, create and shape our digital solutions, tap into industry-leading talent development initiatives, enjoy working with your colleagues and broaden your world view through our international job postings. We offer competitive compensation and benefits for full-time employees including health, dental and vision insurance, a 401k savings plan with an employer match and paid time-off - and our parental leave policy is recognized world-wide as one of the best in the industry.
Every company, every country wants access to a competitive shipping, logistics and port system - and our people have created one company that offers one, easy-to-use solution to all their shipping needs.
Maersk is unique
Maersk is uniquely positioned to play a significant role in global trade, creating opportunities that help countries, companies and people succeed. Our vision is simple: Maersk is the global integrator of container logistics, connecting and simplifying our customers' global supply chains. We do this through the global scale of Maersk, the world's largest shipping line; our Logistics and Services expertise that help customers manage their global supply chains; and through our port operator, APM Terminals, one of the largest container terminal operators in the world with the most strategic locations to serve global supply chains.
Join us and play an important role on our team lifting global trade every day!
* Liaison between various CHB and IT project teams
* Maintain administrative responsibilities over new and existing CHB IT projects, including but not limited, to maintenance of the CHB IT project list and associated tasks.
* Responsible for running kick off and status calls for customer and internal projects.
* Define project objective, scope and gather prerequisite documentation.
* Communicate directly with CHB IT stakeholders regarding project status, including risks and challenges.
* Communicate frequently with, but not limited to, customer and internal stakeholder and project resources.
* Indirectly manage project resources as necessary
* Create documentation for projects, including, but not limited to, end user guides and post deployment summary of project results.
* Travel, as necessary, to on site customer and internal project meetings.
Who we are looking forEducation and Experience
* BA / BS preferred
* 5+ years of IT or Logistics Project Management
Technical Skills and Competencies Required
* PMP Certification preferred but not required
* Communication - Ability to convey, receive and share information to ensure mutual understanding internally and externally across all levels
* Good working knowledge of MS Office products (Word, Excel, Power Point, Project)
* Ability to quickly adapt and work with new software.
* Ability to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the industry and market dynamics, products, services, systems and business processes
Relocation assistance is not available. Candidates are required to have authorization to work in the United States.
>Last application date: 24 June 2019.
For further information, please contact: All Candidates Must Apply Online.maerskline.comAll qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Maersk Line is the world's largest container shipping company, known for reliable, flexible and eco-efficient services. We operate 610 container vessels and provide ocean transportation in all parts of the world. But not only do we power some of the world's largest ships - we also propel the growth ambitions of businesses and individuals all over our planet. Every day our 7,000 seafarers and 25,000 land-based employees at 374 offices share their expertise with our customers around the world to optimize their supply chains, maximize their distribution networks and most of all realize their business potential. We are devoted to creating simple and reliable solutions for our partners, continuously lifting industry standards and enabling global trade in the most sustainable manner possible. What we do is more than shipping. We deliver promises. Promises from customers and businesses all over the world. Your promise. Delivered.