East West Bank
For more than 40 years, East West Bank has served as a pathway to success. With over 130 locations across the U.S. and Greater China, we are the premier financial bridge between the East and West. Our teams of experienced, multi - cultural professionals help guide businesses and community members on both sides of the Pacific looking to explore new markets and create new opportunities, and our sustained growth and expertise in industries like real estate, entertainment and media, private equity and venture capital, high-tech and aviation help build sustainable businesses and expand our employees' potential for career advancement.
Headquartered in California, East West Bank (Nasdaq: EWBC) is a top performing commercial bank with an exclusive focus on the U.S. and Greater China markets. With assets of $41 billion, we've ranked among the 30 largest banks in the United States. And since 2010, we have been recognized by Forbes as one of the top 15 best banks in America. With a strong foundation, and enterprising spirit and a commitment to absolute integrity, East West Bank gives people the confidence to reach further.
East West Bank is seeking a Change Manager. This position will have responsibility for managing and delivering large scale enterprise wide change initiatives, system conversions, merger integration, and cross-functional business process transformation initiatives. The Senior Project Manager will communicate, influence and negotiate both vertically and horizontally to obtain necessary resources from business and technology teams, influence & motivate to encourage adoption, translate the need to change into action, manage schedules and budgets for successful completion of these initiatives. Periodically some travel may be required.
* Project manage technical and nontechnical cross-functional initiatives to deliver them on-time and within budget, as well as achieve benefits realization
* Assist business units with business case development and justification as necessary
* Develop overall initiative status reporting, issue management, and ongoing management routines
* Regularly provide project status updates to executives, project sponsors, and stakeholders
* Develop strong working relationship with cross-functional management and team members
* Identify, document, and baseline core business processes (business and technical), establish metrics, control plans, and reporting mechanisms with end-to-end focus
* Lead and manage multiple projects simultaneously, and provide mentoring and coaching to business unit teams
* Coach to clarify assignments and deliverables; mentor others in project management practices; review quality of work and manages integration of team members' work
* Manage and communicate a clear vision of the project's objectives, and motivate the project team to achieve them; create a project environment that enables peak performance by team members.
* Analyze risks, establish contingency plans and identify trigger events and responsibility for initiating mitigating action. Oversee activities of Risk Administrator. Gather stakeholder input, rank the top project risks in terms of total impact.
* Manage relationships with project stakeholders, including internal and external clients and vendors, keeping them stakeholders informed of progress and issues in order to manage expectations on all project requirements and deliverables.
* Works with EPMO Methodologist to ensure implementation of standards, processes, and support services.
* Proactively identify changes in work scope and ensure appropriate planning measures are taken with internal and external clients to reassess and amend the scope of work requirement, budget, and timeline
* Oversee the reporting activities of Planners and Analysts, determining when to escalate issues to appropriate levels of management.
* Represent project at meetings and with external consultants and departmental and senior management to assure that priorities are communicated and understood, and that progress/delays/issues are reported.
* Strong knowledge of financial industry including products, processes, platforms and systems
* 15+ years of experience in project management methodology, techniques, and tools, with proven skills managing project issues and risks to acceptable resolution. Ability to lead project teams and at the same time have a willingness to take on project tasks as needed to keep projects on track
* Knowledge of and competency in project management processes, including planning tasks and allocating resources, risk management, issues management, time management, financial management, HR management, working in teams, quality management, monitoring and reporting, documentation and record keeping.
* Expertise in managing and delivering large initiatives through Scrum/Agile methodologies successfully coordinating multiple IT and business teams.
* Inter-departmental collaboration skills necessary to build relationships across business, technology, and operations, spanning multiple lines of business
* Proficient with Microsoft Project, Microsoft Office suite, Visio, JIRA and statistical analysis software
* Experience with business process analysis, documentation, and ability to implement process improvements
* Very strong oral communication, written and presentation skills
* Skilled at consensus building and conflict resolution management
* Comfortable with rapid pace and ambiguity
* Strong ability to influence results without authority
* Willingness to demonstrate and teach basic project management and process improvement techniques to others
* Bachelor degree required
Additional Desired Skills and Qualifications
* Advanced degree in Business or Engineering
* Lean Six Sigma certification or experience
* Project Management Professional (PMP) certification / Scrum Master Certification
* Experience in MS Project, JIRA
About East West Bank
East West Bancorp is a bank holding company.