Certified Network Engineer provides recommendations on product or vendor support strategies that provide more effective and more affordable support for system/networks. Develops support strategies by performing analyses of, and making recommendations on, system/networks support issues. An example would be recommendations to procure Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) warranties, or purchase excess equipment to be located on site or within the warehouse. The analysis and recommendations include the cost benefit analysis. Provides recommendations of virtualization options when virtualization options are a viable alternative. Develops reports of recommendations. Familiarity with the Air Force Network (AFNet) is highly desired. Experience with NETAPP, McAfee and EMC.
* Tracks component End of Support (EOSu), End of Sale (EOS), and End of Life (EOL) for TO controlled SW and HW elements of the system/networks and document the findings in an Obsolescence Report.
* Provides recommendations to improve system/network efficiency and performance at each ETIM (not including the first ETIM) in the form of an Efficiency Engineering Recommendation (EER).
* Provides the EER to prior to the ETIM including specific recommendations for performance improvement, to include technical justification, and test recommendations.
* Responsible for the generation and analysis of product and system metric reports related to the sustainment of system/networks.
Mandatory Skills Required:
* Four Year degree in an IT related field or equivalent experience
* Certifications Required: Desire ITIL Foundation V3,
Let your dream job find you.
Sign up to start matching with top companies. It’s fast and free.