CERTIFICATION PROGRAM IN IT SECURITY
The Trend Micro Certification Program in IT Security equips recent computer science graduates with the practical, hands-on knowledge and skills required to take advantage of sales and systems engineering job opportunities in the IT security industry with Trend Micro.
ACCELERATE YOUR IT SECURITY CAREER
With the growing frequency and severity of cyber threats, and a global skills shortage amongst both established and startup IT security vendors, there's never been a better time to launch a career in the field of IT security. There are opportunities for qualified candidates in all facets of the business, from software development, through sales, support and professional services. Trend Micro has successfully delivered the Certification Program in IT Security in China, Japan, Brazil and Egypt, and is now offering it in Dallas, Texas.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
Interns complete up to three rotations through a subset of teams that have the following mandates:
* IT Security Foundations: Ensures a common framework for all students, provides the historical context of IT security, defines key principals, the threat landscape, and cyber security trends.
* IT Security Industry: Explains the structure of the industry, introduces key roles (ISVs, System Integrators, Resellers, Service Providers...), and key organizations.
* Trend Micro: Introduces students to the company, explaining the programs it addresses, and its product portfolio, with examples of success stories to highlight the value it delivers.
* Selling IT Security: Gives students an understanding of the sales cycle, identifies the key buyers and influencers in a sales situation, and defines the various seller roles, including account manager, pre-sales systems engineers, and post-sales systems engineer.
* Communications: Helps to ensure students have a basic understanding of key communication challenges, issues and opportunities when selling to customers. It highlights key dynamics that can occur, equips students with some tools for defining different personality types and how best to work with these types.
After an initial orientation period, which ensures all students have a common foundation of knowledge, the class will focus more in technical domain (pre-sales and post-sales).
Students will be required to complete both written, oral, and group exercises and tests.
* Ten-week certificate-granting training program with potential for full-time position after graduation
* Program operates from the Trend Micro Dallas Headquarters
* Instructors are from Trend Micro and other co-operating organizations
Qualified candidates must:
* Have completed an undergraduate degree related to Information Technology/Communications, Computer Engineering or Computer Science by August 2019
* Be fluent in English (speaking and writing)
* Basic IT networking and security knowledge is an asset
* Ready and available to start September 2019
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES?
We're looking for smart, hard-working, and mature team players who:
* Have a desire to lead, with a passion for personal growth, improvement, and challenge
* Are flexible, adaptive, and results-oriented, with a bias for action
* Have strong communication (oral and written) and organizational skills
* Have strong analytical abilities and excellent attention to detail
* Are intrigued by the potential to start and build their career in cybersecurity
WHY JOIN US?
Over the course of the ten-week program, the internship provides you with everything you need to assess whether this is the right fit for you to successfully launch your career, including:
* New hire orientation
* Exposure to a range of sales and systems engineering functions through project rotations
* Self-paced cybersecurity and product training
* Opportunities to interact, work with, and learn from seasoned leaders
* Individual presentation to managers and leaders at the end of the program
* Opportunities to gain valuable insights into yourself and of high-performance teams
* Opportunities to contribute to company fun/social/team-building activities
Trend Micro Incorporated, a global leader in security software, strives to make the world safe for exchanging digital information. Built on 30 years of experience, and with over 6,000 employees and operations in more than 50 countries, our solutions for consumers, businesses and governments provide layered data security to protect information on mobile devices, endpoints, gateways, servers and the cloud. Trend Micro enables the smart protection of information, with innovative security technology that is simple to deploy and manage, and fits an evolving ecosystem. All of our solutions are powered by cloud-based global threat intelligence, the Trend Micro Smart Protection Network™, and are supported by more than 1,200 threat experts around the global. For more information, visit www.TrendMicro.com.
About Trend Micro
Trend Micro is a developer of server security, cloud security, and small business content security solutions.